Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
jesus.arnold
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:45 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
As this game was never officially rated, i wanted to know what the general consensus on this game actually is. After playing it single and multiplayer for some weeks, I personally felt that the game was quite poor, especially in single player which i felt was a bit of a chore. I don't think that it really compares very well to toy commander which has a similar multiplayer experience and an infinitely superior single player. I'm not trying to cause trouble with this thread, I would just want to know if people agree/disagree with me and what their reasons are in case i'm missing something.
Posted:
Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:17 pm
quote : #2
I completely agree with you, I just could not find that game fun at all. Perhaps it would be like starlancer to me, can not play the single player and enjoy it but online is great fun.

I also found the game to be too simple I guess. I do however like flying the dreamcast controller lol, I lauged when I first died with that plane and the vmu comes out as the pilot.
JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:06 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
Maybe the game wasn't finished, who knows? I also don't like single player mode, I prefer to play multi player mode with some friends.

jesus.arnold
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:08 am
quote : #4
JKKDARK wrote:
Maybe the game wasn't finished, who knows?

Yeah i agree with you here, I think it's strange that for a game made for online, there are so few options (team modes, stock mode). I think that my main problem with the game is the controls, i think that they are a bit unwieldy, i never really feel like i've got very much control, either i turn normally at a really slow speed, or i use one of the moves and end up turning too far or not far enough.
Posted:
Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:05 pm
quote : #5
Type: PAL
I really enjoy this game in multiplayer. Twisted Evil

Single player can be a bit of a bore though, but not much more than the likes of Quake 3 and others. I found the game gets much better, when you learn the various moves of the planes.

I can see what you're all getting at though.
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:19 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
I love this game in single and multiplayer! It's fun to weave through things while firing missiles and rockets. It's actually pretty close to Vigilante 8 2nd Offense except with planes.
Posted:
Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:40 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
It's great for venting stress, I think. I can fire it up quick and fly a few rounds and blow a bunch of planes out of the sky, and then be done. Multiplayer is a blast, there is nothing more fun than weaving in and out of skyscrapers or a giant castle with a guy on your tail.

I think that the game really would have shined much more with online multiplayer, though.