segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:28 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi guys,

As Lordnikon has now made his news post in regards to the official termination of maximum pool I will supply you all with a link to download the most recent save file to allow you to see all current known rooms:

http://www.dreamcast-galaxy.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Downloads/POOL/index.htm

You can browse there directly with any Dreamcast web browser and download the new file.

Sadly with the servers now hosted on home lines the server IP addresses may change on a regular basis, , so the file will probably be altered regularly, so if you want to stay up to date...keep an eye out

Of course as Lordnikon said, you can alter the save file yourself and transfer it to your Dreamcast afterwards, but as I will probably be doing this regularly anyway I thought I would keep my latest save available for download for the time being to perhaps make things easier for people.

Anyway, this file is fully unlocked and currently includes all rooms.

Cheers, Craig

PLEASE NOTE: The save file listed here is seperate from the one hosted at onlineconsoles, The one hosted at onlineconsoles contains the IP address of the onlineconsoles server only....this one contains the IP addresses of all the known servers that the PC players use as well as my own Dreamcast only server (Segadreamcasters Lounge). Hope this solves any confusion.

Last edited by segadreamcaster on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:53 am; edited 45 times in total

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:16 am
quote : #2
Thanks for the link, I'll get this next time I fire up my Dreamcast.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:24 am
quote : #3
Once I get up the OC maximum pool room on a dedicated line, you will have access to an IP that never changes. Wink
Posted:
Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:45 am
quote : #4
gRimGrAvY014 wrote:
Thanks for the link, I'll get this next time I fire up my Dreamcast.

No probs Smile

lordnikon wrote:
Once I get up the OC maximum pool room on a dedicated line, you will have access to an IP that never changes. Wink

Yes, that will be very useful, because at least that way even an old save will have the onlineconsoles server listed Smile

Obviously it is very important to keep up to date with the PC servers however, as that is the only place we will be able to catch random games...with any luck their IP addresses will be much like mine and won't change for a few months at a time..fingers crossed Smile

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:53 pm
quote : #5
When I was told of it's termination last night, I was actually kind of down because I didn't know it was going offline and I would have wanted to play it some. Smooth sailing now though. I've got all the time in the world. Mr. Green
Posted:
Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:24 pm
quote : #6
Type: PAL
First, thanks to segadreamcaster and Tino (from www.pauth.com) for giving the link to the vmu save Very Happy
I have tried with Dreamkey 3.1 and it gives a download error, so at the moment it only works with PlanetWeb.

I have just tried with the new file and I got success! Wow that's great guys!!!
Time to get a few games Smile

fackue
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:42 pm
quote : #7
D'oh! I just bought Maximum Pool a few weeks ago and only played it like twice!

segadreamcaster wrote:
Hi guys,

As Lordnikon has now made his news post in regards to the official termination of maximum pool I will supply you all with a link to download the most recent save file to allow you to see all current known rooms:

http://www.dreamcast-galaxy.port5.com

You can browse there directly with you Dreamcast (as far as I know planetweb only) and download the new file.

Sadly with the servers now hosted on home lines the server IP addresses may change on a regular basis, , so the file will probably be altered regularly, so if you want to stay up to date...keep an eye out

Ahh, cool. I missed that part. I guess I see it on the news post's title now.

Quote:
Of course as Lordnikon said, you can alter the save file yourself and transfer it to your Dreamcast afterwards, but as I will probably be doing this regularly anyway I thought I would keep my latest save available for download for the time being to perhaps make things easier for people.

Would it be of any help for a simple program to patch the VMS for you? Of course IP addresses need to be supplied.

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:10 am
quote : #8
fackue wrote:
Would it be of any help for a simple program to patch the VMS for you? Of course IP addresses need to be supplied.

Hey, For me personally, probably not as its a pretty straight forward process to hex edit the save...others may find it useful though Smile

Posted Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:52 pm:

Hey guys...just a note to say that the file has seen its first update already and now includes one extra room, that was the only change..all other rooms are still visible using the older file Smile

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

link85
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:41 am
quote : #9
whit dreamkey i can't download....

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:14 am
quote : #10
link85 wrote:
whit dreamkey i can't download....

Yes, this is a problem...not sure how it would need to be set up on the server to allow dreamkey to download Sad

Anybody know what needs to be done to allow Dreamkey and Dreampassport downloading?

I strongly suggest you purchase a copy of planetweb 2.0+ (preferably verision 2.6) if you can, that will make things a whole lot easier.

In the meantime however, if anybody is having issues with this I could always email it to you...however this requires that you have a working POP email address, or perhaps a web based email service that you can download from? Feel free to PM me if you want me to send it via E-mail

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:26 am
quote : #11
The webserver is properly configured to allow Dreamkey / Dreampassport to download files. The problem with this file is that it was probobly first uploaded to the net using PlanetWeb's ftp tool. Files transferred through that are planetweb compatible only.
Posted:
Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:03 pm
quote : #12
lordnikon wrote:
The webserver is properly configured to allow Dreamkey / Dreampassport to download files. The problem with this file is that it was probobly first uploaded to the net using PlanetWeb's ftp tool. Files transferred through that are planetweb compatible only.

Hey lord,

Ok, thanks for that..didn't realise

Anyway, have just had a mess around and the file should now download for everyone...enjoy Smile

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

KoNeko
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:55 am
quote : #13
fackue wrote:

I honestly think that releasing a program to patch the file or at least a guide on how to do it would help many users (including myself) who have little to no experience with hex editing. I feel stupid admitting that I have NO IDEA how to change the IP in the vmi file, a program would be very much appreciated!

-KoNeko

AIM: Joshy Doodles
Yahoo!: KoNek01192@yahoo.com
MSN: KoNeko1192@hotmail.com
Jabber: KoNeko1192@jabber.org
fackue
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:46 pm
quote : #14
OK, here you go. Might be a little ugly.

http://dchelp.dcemulation.org/downloads/mpipsvr.zip

Last edited by fackue on Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:07 am
quote : #15
fackue wrote:
OK, here you go. Might be a little ugly.

http://dchelp.dcemulation.com/downloads/mpipsvr.zip

Good work fackue i'm sure people will find that useful Smile

Posted Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:27 pm:

UPDATE

OK, now that the onlineconsoles maximum pool server has been officially announced, I have added it to the save file...this now puts the total active server list to 10

Hopefully this will be the last update for a while

Cheers, Craig

PLEASE NOTE: The save file listed here is seperate from the one hosted at onlineconsoles, The one hosted at onlineconsoles contains the IP address of the onlineconsoles server only....this one contains the IP addresses of all the known servers that the PC players use as well as my own Dreamcast only server (Segadreamcasters Lounge). Hope this solves any confusion.

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer