Page 1 of 1
SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:20 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Is there anyone here who has played through PDS for the Saturn and not liked it?

I played it and really enjoyed it. My only gripe is how short it is. However, I fear my (sometimes unfounded) like of most things Sega has biased my opinion.

So, if anyone has something against the game, let it out. I'm curious.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:40 am
quote : #2
Panzer Dragoon Saga is one of my favorite games of all time. The game is a masterpiece as far as I am concerned.

People obviously wish Panzer Dragoon Saga was longer because it is such a great game. The world is so atmospheric and it draws you in so much that you don't want it to end. My total clock time in this game was about 25 hours from start to finish. The game comes on 4 discs. While much of this space is taken up by the huge audio soundtrack, and cinematic cut scenes, I think everyone can agree the trimming or removal of these elements would destroy the game. These are some of the reasons the game is so phenominal. To make the game longer the developers would have to start making sacrifices in audio and cutscenes.

In an a perfect world, yes I wish Panzer Dragoon Saga was much longer.

In reality, I am glad it is as long as it is, and would not want it changed.

The only change I would request about this game, is a performance one. In Zoah when you run through the blue curved tunnel between areas of the town there is a nasty framerate hitch. In the desert when you come across a huge field of these pod trees, it really knocks down the framerate. I wish the developers would have fixed these spots since the rest of the game runs flawless.
Posted:
Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:53 am
quote : #3
I think the battles could have been a little harder as well. Against those really powerful bosses that have super intense moves all you need to do is fire up some vengeance orbs and send it right back at them. I loved having the vengeance orb berserk, but it made the game too easy in my opinion.

The atmosphere the game creates, I think, is really its strongest point. The art style of the game pervades every aspect. There really is a Panzer Dragoon world and it stands out among RPGs.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven