Page 1 of 2
nick944
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:32 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

Here is a review of my brand new black Treamcast. I really have to say this is really well built pirated item! Amazingly after a couple hours of play on it, it doesn't even get a bit hot! Looking around it to find out why, there is a computer fan in place of a normal DC fan, and about 3 more air vents.

The Treamcast comes with: a black Treamcast (of course), a regular Dreamcast controller, a power adapter so it may be used in almost any country, a power cord, the Treamcast bag, and two velcro straps that you can place anywhere to keep your items in place.

The size of this Treamcast is a little less wide than a normal Dreamcast and a little longer. Even though it's less wide, if you look around it you notice one small problem. The modem either won't fit in or has to be jammed into place. (I won't try it though as I just spent $200 and don't want to ruin the plastic)The quality of the screen is perfect, I would say in between a normal TV and VGA. The speakers on this system are pretty good for the system, though high pitched noises tend to be sharp and low pitched sounds are harder to hear. (Headphone slot works perfectly) I've had absolutely no problems with playing any games on the system yet! All games work as good as the Dreamcast, and even load faster than a Dreamcast. (This might just be because the GD-ROM drive is still brand new) One thing that i'm not too sure of is the power converter, so far it has worked fine, but it is always very hot when I unplug it and put my Treamcast away. I did notice the internal battery is dead on mine, but it's not very important.

I took a few photos of it running, but the camera quality is not that good, so the picture looks off. Like I said before in this the picture quality is close to what you would get from a VGA adapter.

Overall, I think this is definately worth buying if you can spare $200. I really couldn't find many bad points to this system other than a very high price point. Though, you usually can sell it on ebay for a higher price than what you paid. I would recomend divineo.cn to buy one, they have the cheapest prices, great customer service, and a twelve month guarentee on all products. If anyone wants to post this review somewhere else please feel free to, but please include my username at the bottom.
Posted:
Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:36 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
The controller is really new?

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:11 am
quote : #3
I can't remember when you said you was gonna order one, but it seems to have arrived quite fast

Dreamcast ™
rank 39
Posted:
Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:36 am
quote : #4
Awesome. Looks really nice. The widescreen version doesn't look as good with the overhang.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:51 am
quote : #5
If only these had a rotatable screen for tate'ing shmups.
Posted:
Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:39 am
quote : #6
Amazing item Cool .
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:27 am
quote : #7
i can't find it on divineo.cn where abouts is it?
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:36 am
quote : #8
http://www.divineo.cn/cgi-bin/div-cn/ret-tcast.html

nick944
rank 13
Posted:
Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:20 pm
quote : #9
Mazonemayu wrote:
I can't remember when you said you was gonna order one, but it seems to have arrived quite fast
Yeah, it did arrive pretty fast, I got it with 7-14 day shipping and it came in 7 days. Very Happy I'm pretty sure I won't ever sell mine, unless I really really need the money (or I've sold everything else first). The funny thing is now, whenever I want to play Dreamcast games I go straight to my Treamcast Mr. Green
Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:19 am
quote : #10
Nick did you order yours from divieno?
Because im tempted to order one and just wanted to order from somewhere i can trust.
peace, lozz.

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:59 am
quote : #11
Great you got one Smile --- bad 2 see they are currently selling that ''old'' model - I hoped they would bring out a new model. Anyway this black treamcast has a samsung panel - thats why the pic quality is realy good. Use it in your car and have fun m8! Smile

About the ac adapter --- this is an external ac adapter thats why your tc wont get hot ---> but the ac adapter itself gets real real hot - make sure it ll get enough air. May you have noticed - the tc is regiofree - any import game ll run on it.

You can get the tc also here: superufo.com ---> this is a hk store, but I never had problems with them.
Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:17 am
quote : #12
Yeah divineo.cn is a great site to order from, it is where I got mine fast shipping too. It has THE lowest price you can get for a Treamcast, I think I have found three other sites that sell them, but divineo.cn beats them all by around $30.
Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:43 am
quote : #13
Quote:
The modem either won't fit in or has to be jammed into place. (I won't try it though as I just spent $200 and don't want to ruin the plastic)

So, you're not able to play online for a bit right?
Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:05 am
quote : #14
nah he will play online on his normal DC i expect.

nick944
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:06 pm
quote : #15
lozz wrote:
nah he will play online on his normal DC i expect.
Yeah, for now I'll just play on my normal Dreamcast. (After I fix my ISP issues)