Topic: Help with last mission!

Page 1 of 1
Arubeto
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:24 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
How do I have to shoot the charges so that they explode? Do I have to shoot all three or four containers? Or is it enough just to blast one? Everytime I try to do so, nothing happens and the wing leader eventually tells me that "We've blown it!" and the mission is failed. So, what is it that I don't get?
Any help appreciated!

EDIT: Ok, update again: I killed that f***ing station! Finished the game! And I have to say: what a great game that is! Ranks up there with the best games I have played on the DC!

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:58 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
lmao i have the same thing hapen. how did you finish it?
Posted:
Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:44 pm
quote : #3
Type: PAL
some ships come to put them on, if theres enouph charges, it will cause a massive explosion, if not then your job was not done very good, the captain said to protect the carge ships and too many got destoyed.
it's fustrating especially because that part is way ahead and if you fail you need to start all again.

hint: call for backup or help from a team ship in order to cause some distraction to enemys (this offcourse if you like to wait for the ship to travel 1000K, yep they run away and you become lonely)

Arubeto
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:15 am
quote : #4
Yes, in my case it was like Kireek said, I believe. Although you don't get a message that there are to few charges attached until you shoot them it seems that was the reason. But I can't tell for sure. Since the charges are hard to see I couldn't count them in the short time. I still just shot one charge but this time it triggered the big explosion.
I was kind of afraid that the last part of the mission - defending Steiners escape pod - would be difficult against Ivan Petrov and the Black Guard, but actually it was kind of easy. Petrov didn't put up a big fight and I was able to shoot him down within seconds. The other ships are no threat either since you are supported by your wingmen.

Kannibal
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:23 am
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey Arubeto, I know this is kind of late but I found this by chnance while browsing through IGN.com, here the link to an Unofficial Walkthrough:

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/381/381878p1.html

Your Welcome! Very Happy
Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:34 am
quote : #6
Arubeto wrote:
Finished the game! And I have to say: what a great game that is! Ranks up there with the best games I have played on the DC!

I also think this, I love the game Cool .

I played this game 2 times from start to finish and last time was last year. I only miss playing it online.

Sometimes its possible to get different missions depending on what its achived during the previous mission, I think. That usually happens when we fail to do an objective or really fail a mission. If its a vital mission is game over if not the next mission may be different. But the last mission is always the same but its possible to have different endings all good ones but some better than others, depending if you save Steiner, Kill Petrov, etc...
unknown
Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:46 am
quote : #7
when the comander says to destroy the charges, the game automaticly and only ONCE will show you the location of them, they will apear in red if you target something else then it will be hard to locate them again.
your problem is to kill the enemys, protect the charges and avoid the bolt, it hard i know, but if you destroy the enemys the ships are saved and many charges will be planted.

Arubeto
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:14 pm
quote : #8
Kannibal wrote:
Hey Arubeto, I know this is kind of late but I found this by chnance while browsing through IGN.com, here the link to an Unofficial Walkthrough:

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/381/381878p1.html

Your Welcome! Very Happy

Thanks! But to be honest, that is the walkthrough I used towards the last 2-3 missions. But there is no exact explanation on that one as well.

@Kireek: in my case I actually waited in the spot the ships attached the charges to and blew them up as soon as ordered to. I didn't target anything else in the meantime so I had no problem finding and destroying them. But the damn station didn't explode the first three times anyway. But then, the last time, I managed to make it, no plan why. Perhaps there have been one or to more, might be so.
Cool