Topic: Starlancer questions.

Page 1 of 1
Stewy01
rank 9
Posted:
Sat May 22, 2004 5:29 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I got my Starlancer a while back, but it didnt come with a manual. So, I got some questions. What is the thing that happens when you hit L and R at the same time? What happens when you press down on the Dpad? And what happens when you press Y and then the B button (it says BCM or something like that)

Thnx.
Posted:
Sun May 23, 2004 2:10 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
L + R = Match target's speed
Down on D-pad = launch countermeasure (if you have any)
Y + B = Activates a special weapon/ability. Depending on the fighter, you can have: Electronic Counter Measures, Spectral Shields, or a Cloaking Device (cloak not available in multiplayer mode).
banned!
Posted:
Sun May 23, 2004 5:40 pm
quote : #3
How do you beat the big ass gun in level 16 or 17 I get fried everytime I get close enough to attack and I use Coyote for speed... Cloaking doesnt protect you either...
Posted:
Sun May 23, 2004 5:51 pm
quote : #4
just have to burn in the oposite direction when it locks onto you, i had trouble with that one, now i have trouble with mission 20, i can do the first bit where you sneak into the coalition fleet and bomb their cruisers but the second half is to hard and if i choose continue, the next time i try that part my fighter wont leave the tube/dock thing. any tips on that level?
Posted:
Sun May 23, 2004 5:55 pm
quote : #5
Great I am glad its not just me! When I get to that level Ill see what I can do thanks!
Posted:
Mon May 24, 2004 6:26 pm
quote : #6
maciver wrote:
How do you beat the big ass gun in level 16 or 17 I get fried everytime I get close enough to attack and I use Coyote for speed... Cloaking doesnt protect you either...

The only way I wqs able to beat this level is:

1. Choose a Shroud, if that is not available, choose the fastest ship available
2. Fly your fighter from outside the cockpit
3. If you see a red beam pointing at your ship, cloak. If you aren't using a shroud, run like hell in the opposite direction or right towards it. I think the target range is either 200k or 300k, so get that far away. Or, if you are, say, 50k from it, just fly straight at it and fly around the shaft. It will lose its lock and go after someone else.

As for mission 20, it seems like I am always helping people with this level. Anyway, there are two torpedo bombers I think, maybe three. Try to shoot down two torpedos from the closest bomber before moving on to the next one. Fly for the torpedos that will hit the Yamato first, which probably wont be right next to you. If there are, say, three torpedos about to hit, focus on the last two. The Yamato can take about 3 hits I think. You are going to have to be good with your targetting list for this part. After the torps are gone, the rest of the mission is simple.
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:29 am
quote : #7
Mertens wrote:
maciver wrote:

The only way I wqs able to beat this level is:

1. Choose a Shroud, if that is not available, choose the fastest ship available
2. Fly your fighter from outside the cockpit
3. If you see a red beam pointing at your ship, cloak. If you aren't using a shroud, run like hell in the opposite direction or right towards it. I think the target range is either 200k or 300k, so get that far away. Or, if you are, say, 50k from it, just fly straight at it and fly around the shaft. It will lose its lock and go after someone else.

I tried that mission like 20 times now and just don't seem to be able to complete it. -As for your advice, I don't have the shroud yet, so I'll try the patriot instead since it's the fastest ship I have access to, yet. I tried it with the Wolverine to take out the fighters as soon as possible so that I'd have enough wingmen left the Ion cannon would target before me. But everytime I try to take out the shield generator the lock on of the jackhammers takes to long and the cannon grills me. So, what missile should I use instead? Jackhammer is the strongest, I think, but the 6 seconds lock on just is to long.

I tried to get very close to the cannon when it targeted me, but it only worked when I literally flew INSIDE that damn shaft. If I am getting a distance of just 20 k or so to target the shield generator it will always take me out.

So, another advice would be greatly appreciated! I want to see the next mission!! Evil or Very Mad

EDIT: I was able to finish the mission with the patriot, but I think I just got lucky that the Ion cannon granted me enogh time to take out the armor and the core. Now I am stuck at mission 23. Can't stop all the torpedoes shot at the Yamato, but anyway, that mission is much more fun because it just depends on skill and not on luck like the Ion cannon mission Wink

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:17 am
quote : #8
i guess this is a bit late, but you could trying stocking up on screamers and unloading on the shield generator if you don't want to wait for the jackhammer.

I think there's a topic on this board about strategies for protecting the Yamato. Somewhere...

good luck.

One more tip, if you want to go back and play any mission, you should save each time to a new block on the card. It will take up a lot of space on a VMU, but nowadays they are pretty cheap anyway.
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:24 am
quote : #9
Thanks, but I already made it.

New question: how do I safe the escape pods in mission 7? No matter how fast I kill the enemy fighters, they always take out the pods. The best I was able to do so far was to safe 1(!) of the six pods. What is the secret behind this task? Some special rocket? Your wingmen? I already read the walkthrough and followed all the advices from it, but still don't seem to be able to make it.
So, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:11 pm
quote : #10
I'm gonna order starlancer one of these, which one do I need to play online (with you guys here); the pal or ntsc version, or do they both still work?

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:19 pm
quote : #11
yes, both work online and go to the same master server which means both versions can play together as well
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:39 pm
quote : #12
thx m8...off to ebay then Razz Razz