Topic: Chankast, How does it Work?

Page 1 of 1
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:32 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
How do I play on Chankast? Do I need to actually play on my pc with a dc, becasue I don't know where the controller goes, or whether you need a controller or not.
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:32 pm
quote : #2
You don't need a controller you can setup the emulator so you can use the controller to play. It acctually works pretty well. I played Stunt GP with it the other day.

I suggest using a USB converter if you want to use your DC controller or just use a logitech ps2 style controller.

http://www.consoleplus.co.uk/product_info.php?pName=3in1-magic-box-joypad-converter-1&osCsid=2d7538b 0da10414481c439ca6ca8d9b4

I think this works but Im not sure. I just play my Dreamcast Emulation is not quite there yet. Most games have issues.

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:06 pm
quote : #3
and I believe NullDC is the better emu atm, since Chankast has been long dead

JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:46 pm
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Mazonemayu wrote:
and I believe NullDC is the better emu atm, since Chankast has been long dead

And this thread was posted 2 years ago, when nullDC project even didn't start.

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:24 am
quote : #5
LMAO, hadn't noticed the date Mr. Green Mr. Green

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:28 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well, Mazonemayu did say "atm" (at the moment) Wink

It is a shame chankast got adandoned. Was the source code ever available for it? They should have released that so someone else could pick up where they left off.

I have not personally tried out NullDC yet. Is it running as good as Chankast? or just shows more promise since it has an active development cycle?

icebryce wrote:
I suggest using a USB converter if you want to use your DC controller or just use a logitech ps2 style controller.

http://www.consoleplus.co.uk/product_info.php?pName=3in1-magic-box-joypad-converter-1&osCsid=2d7538b 0da10414481c439ca6ca8d9b4

I second this recommendation. Best USB convertor out there since it covers the 3 best controller inputs ever, and is the only one tha tI know of that supports the Dreamcast. A superb product!
Posted:
Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:05 am
quote : #7
Type: PAL
Sadly the source code wasn't released, and the Chankast developers disappeared from the net in January 2005 and no one got news about them.

NullDC is excellent, you can run probably all the games and homebrew stuff (except these Windows CE games like Worms World Party).