Page Location: Home > Maximum Pool > Topic
Lemmy
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:01 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hi all,

Im from the pc side of Maximumpool - moderator at the PAuth.com. Its a great thing to see u managed to keep the game alive after sierra closed their servers.

Now we got a room host thats regged his room with sierras old master that came back recently. So many of the lost PC players are back also. Its a great room but it has some problems in its settings that affects game play. We would like to get in touch with the room host so we can sort the problems.

The only thing we know is that he calls his room - Dreampool- server dedicated to dreamcast, and that he got a German IP.

If anyone knows any about this - pls contact me or reply here

Cya in the rooms Smile

Kind Regards

Lemmy

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:13 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey Lemmy,

I was also wondering who hosted this room, it is not known here (as far as I am aware) who hosts it, although you would have to assume it is one of our members.

I did ask this in a thread at one point actually but nobody replied, maybe you will have better luck...what is wrong with the settings btw?

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Lemmy
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:43 pm
quote : #3
Thanks for your swift answer m8. Tried contacting you through PAuth.com earlier this week. Yeah I saw that post but maybe some one knows something so I did a post .

Well 1 problem we have is that he set the room to over 128 players and many of us wants to use a special ignore tool for pool and it crashes when there is too many in. Another thing is that he set a strange chat rule now thats annoying many, even tho I understand he wants to control it a bit. In any case it would be good to make contact with him.

Also we need to register the rest of our rooms to sierras master server so all can see it. So far we been a little reluctant to do that (we dont know how long sierra gonna keep it up coz they said they will take it off) and instead help the lost players fix their games. And now our room guy is M.I.A also hehe

So a german dreamcaster who sleeps with his pc on - thats what we got so far Smile Laughing

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:00 pm
quote : #4
No problem m8, sorry I cannot be of more help to you Sad I did notice that the room was seeing a lot of activity so assumed he had added the original masters to his list...kinda odd seeing pluto's with so few players actually

Anyway, with any luck you will get a reply from the owner here and you will be able to get something sorted Smile

Sorry I didn't reply your pm at pauth, strange I didn't get an E-mail notice actually..hmmm

If I find out anything else in the meantime I will let you know

Update:

Ahh, ok, just done a little research of my own and the owner of the server is fallout who is a registered user here, so thats who you need to get in touch with Smile hope that helps

Last edited by segadreamcaster on Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:05 pm
quote : #5
Type: Pal
I wouldent bet on the host being present here. The German scene I think still has a few places where it lurks of its own accord. Maybe someone could give advice on where to look though if the host is not here?

Laters
Posted:
Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:14 pm
quote : #6
Well as its fallout you should be able to get in touch fairly soon as he does tend to pass by regularly..or at least I think he still does? has been a little less vocal of late I think Sad

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:24 pm
quote : #7
(Using admin functions) The last time Fallout visited the site was November 29th, 2007. So you should be able to contact him via PM, or maybe he will spot this thread.

Another option is grubensau could probobly get in touch with him.

I wonder what problems are in his server config.
Posted:
Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:01 pm
quote : #8
weeeee thx a lot for ur work Smile

I PM'ed the guy so lets see if I can get in touch with him.

Problem with the settings is that it dosent allow for more than 25 characters in lobby chat. I know spamming is a problem but maybe there are better ways of fixing that.

Ty all for ur help, u got a great community here

/Lemmy