NB-DanTE
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:13 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Hi all Dreamers,help

i was banned from 4x4 evo because i'v say ($ù!&=ç , why don't you .........) i can connect to master server but i cant enter the room how to do ?

i have erased the old profile and the internal momery of the dreamcast too

what is the solution ?

[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:41 pm
quote : #2
Don't worry mate.

If all you did was swear, theres some kind of bot in there which bans you from the room. Depending on what you said, it could be a day, or maybe a week.
You can make your own room ya know?

Name is xADAMx on SunstriderEU.
mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:59 pm
quote : #3
just a guess, but maybe it was an ip ban. and about creating your own room. no one will go to it unless you tell them in advance to go to it like for the 4x4 evo event.
NB-DanTE
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:40 am
quote : #4
then there is not a solution for my problem, will create my own Room join me the name of the room will be : 4x4EVO Dream - Dreamcast

My pseudo : NB-DanTE

what's yours im wainting for you Wink

fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:05 am
quote : #5
IRC banns by the "cidr ?" of your network device , so you cannot yust switch IP or change your name .

Read this short guide , and you may get unbanned . If you where banned by the channel bot called TronJr then the bann may only last a day or a week , but if you have been banned by one of the channel Op's it may last forever if you don't request to get unbanned .

http://members.lycos.co.uk/fall3/guide-banned-from-chatserver-dc.php
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fall3/guide-banned-from-chatserver-pc.php
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:24 pm
quote : #6
Type: Pal
I was banned once from 4x4 evo but I dont know why. I wasent online and kicked like in this case I just played a game of 4x4 one night switched off and the next time I tried to go on I was banned. Lasted about a week I think.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:49 pm
quote : #7
Awkward, but I expect they don't perma-ban just for swearing? I'd just try giving it some time and then coming back.

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:13 pm
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U/C
This is annoying because I seem to have a perminent ban...no idea why...can't figure out why at all...I virtually never swear either online or offline and I can't think of any other behaviour that might have caused it either.

I actually have a feeling that the ban happened after I switched to a PC-DC server setup, perhaps something is recognised about a PC-DC server setup and it doesn't like it..anybody else have this problem?

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
nick944
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:32 pm
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U/C
sometimes it just likes to randomly ban people. It banned me for at least 6 months, and I just tested it nad now I'm unbanned again. Rolling Eyes
Posted:
Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:55 pm
quote : #10
It likes to Randomly Ban people? (why did that just get me thinking of Shodan from System Shock and Durandal from Marathon? Ohh DUDE--your server is trying to KILL YOU!)

Well, what I think is more important is figuring out if there is any way to avoid waiting Six months. I have zero experience with this, but you mentioned PC-DC (Yeah, I know it's all cross-platform online gaming), so I'm thinking: Perhaps there's something (legit or not) that can be done on the PC side? Console Commands? Hacks? Simply waiting would be easier, but since you're seemingly desperate enough to post this, I doubt that you really want to be waiting.

I doubt it's relevant, but is it SUPPOSED to ban you for months and months just for dropping the F-bomb? seems like an odd ethics code.