Page Location: Home > 4x4 Evolution > Topic
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:44 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
In case anyone does not know GP = Grand prix (Prix pronounced pree)

First things firsr the time and date, over to you guys to vote on that. Choose from 27th 28th or 30th. Start time to be from 11pm to 12.30pm GMT0 (I cannot start gaming earlier than this due to family commitments) Please also vote on the time for starting between the times listed.

The GP will take place like a GP with groups of racers participating over a series of course's. Roughly I propose there to be 5 courses most likely to include Salvage wasteland, Restricted area, Motocross, plus ........... suggestions. I suggest two races on each of the tracks to give everyone a chance in the event on and unfortunate encounter with a bull dozer or truck as is known to happen on 4x4 Very Happy GP scoring will be 1st place 6pts 2nd 4 pts 3rd 2 pts and 4th 0 pts. In the event of more than 4 players siging up for the GP we will have two rooms, I will use 6 players for an example here. 6 players will split in to two groups of three and race the 5 races of the main GP. At the end of the GP the winners of each rooms GP would race off against each other in a new room over two tracks to determine the winner with a 3rd race tie break taking place in the event of a draw. With 8 as an example the top two from each room could then form a room of 4 and carry over thier points total from the previous room, the bottom two players from each room could also form a room to race to avoid the wooden spoon Surprised As you can see lots of variables here so before I can sort this I need to know numbers then I will finish the arrangements.

Truck: We will race in a bog standard truck no custom trucks I will post the name here later but its the most basic truck on the board. I think this is good it make for longer closer races.

So ... for now from anyone wishing to take part I need

STEP 1

Vote on preferred Date
Vote on Preferred start time (from within the times stated above)

STEP 2

I will confirm the time and date on Monday (Christmas eve) in line with voting at roughly 23:00 GMT0 plus the tracks to be raced.

STEP 3

Players participating will confirm thier availability by 4pm GMT0 on the 27th, this will conclude the GP line up. Between 4pm and 9pm GMT0 on the 27th the final rule set will be posted for the GP. Players participating will need to read this before attending the GP. In the event of two rooms I (or an impartial volunteer) will make a draw placing players in random rooms. Uneven numbers means uneven rooms you placement in either the larger or smaller room will be random and final.

WELL .... thats the boring shit over Very Happy

My Vote is for 11pm on the 30th with the additional course's as Silverton pass and Farm road 101

Over to you guys .....

Laters
Posted:
Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:17 pm
quote : #2
12.30. 11 PM (GMT0)
Posted:
Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:13 pm
quote : #3
Type: PAL
23Dec to 03Jan / 11pm -2 am (GMT +1)
Posted:
Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:03 am
quote : #4
NB-DanTE wrote:

Errm I guess you are saying you are free any day from 23 to the 3rd of Jan I dont get the time at all though. Maybe you can explain that for me Very Happy Needs to be between 23:00 and 00.30 GMT 0 starting time.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:57 pm
quote : #5
Type: PAL
Blast wrote:
NB-DanTE wrote:

Errm I guess you are saying you are free any day from 23 to the 3rd of Jan I dont get the time at all though. Maybe you can explain that for me Very Happy Needs to be between 23:00 and 00.30 GMT 0 starting time.

Laters

yes i'm free from 23 dec to 3d jan ( 00:00 to 3:00 GMT )
Posted:
Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:13 pm
quote : #6
update

I will later on make a thread in the pre game org board with the proper details. So far only 3 of us have enterd so will leave entry open until Wednesday in case anyone else wants to join in, that wont cause any problems.

Ok look out for the official details later.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:38 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi,

Ok, ill probably take part and I'll go for Sunday the 30th starting sometime between 11.00 and 11.30pm Smile

Good idea btw m8, don't think I can recall there ever being a proper event for 4x4 for as long as I have been here Smile

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:22 pm
quote : #8
Thanks to everyone who has entered so far via this thread Very Happy Please now use this thread in the game org board for all further communication about this event.

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8131

Also contains the final rule set for the event.

Lordnikon, could you lock this now please to avoid confusion? Thanks

Laters