Page 1 of 1
Arubeto
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:13 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hi again,

I'd like to know which music games were released for the DC. As far as I can recall there are:
- Space Channel 5
- Samba De Amigo
- Dance Dance Revolution (2 games)
- Pop'n Music (4 games)

Did I miss something?
Are the Pop'n Music games more fun than the Dance Dance games? I played neither, so I'd appreciate to hear your opinions!

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:28 am
quote : #2
cool cool toon
dream para para (Illegal hack of the Para Para Paradise games, by our friends over in china)

JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:19 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
Samba de Amigo Ver. 2000

Segata Sanshiro
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:20 pm
quote : #4
Maybe Rez can be considered a music game too, although it's not all about music.

Also, there's Feet of Fury, a commercial homebrew DDR-like game.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:25 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Rez is not a music game. The game is not dependent on music in order to function. Rez is a "Rail Shooter" in the same veign as Space Harrier, Panzer Dragoon, and Starfox.
Posted:
Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:27 pm
quote : #6
lordnikon wrote:
Rez is not a music game. The game is not dependent on music in order to function. Rez is a "Rail Shooter" in the same veign as Space Harrier, Panzer Dragoon, and Starfox.

I think people put it as a Music game because it's what IGN says.

Segata Sanshiro
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:33 pm
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:

One of the most important things in Rez is rhythm, which is inevitably linked to music. You could play Rez with no sound, but you'd miss the point.

JKKDARK wrote:
I think people put it as a Music game because it's what IGN says.

Should I feel offended by that? Laughing

Last edited by Segata Sanshiro on Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:44 pm
quote : #8
Segata Sanshiro wrote:
lordnikon wrote:

One of the most important things in Rez is rythm, which is inevitably linked to music. You could play Rez with no sound, but you'd miss the point.

Notice that I did not say that music was not an important part of Rez's design concept. I stated that Rez was not dependent upon music to function as a video game. Rez falls into the genre of Rail Shooters.

Proof of this comes in the form of other Rail Shooters that exist without relying on music as heavily as Rez does.

You don't see the same for actual Rhythm games where the music has been stripped and the games has either unsynched background music or is a "pictoral contact matching system". Which is all a Rythm game like Feet of Fury or DDR would be without the sequenced musical element.
Posted:
Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:54 pm
quote : #9
lordnikon wrote:
Notice that I did not say that music was not an important part of Rez's design concept. I stated that Rez was not dependent upon music to function as a video game. Rez falls into the genre of Rail Shooters.

Fair enough. In that case, I'll say that someone who is interested in music and videogames should play Rez.

Also, remember that Cool Cool Toon can exchange information with Cool Cool Jam for the NGPC, I should try that some day. Cool Cool Jam is not a hard game to come across, but what about it's DC cousin?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:43 pm
quote : #10
I see Cool Cool Toon quite often. Its pretty easy to come by and will run you about 20-30 dollars.
Posted:
Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:33 pm
quote : #11
Dudes! in my "OPINION", Dance Dance Revolution is the must have Rythm Game only because it does rely on music(as L Nikon stated when he said that "Rez was not dependant upon music to funtion as a video game". I might be the most important Rythm Game you might ever own on your DC (or any oter console it is released for). This game may not be an Original idea(what I mean is that Konami and Bemani didn't create that concept) but it sure made it really big and "Did what Tony Hawk did for skaters" - Anonymous.