quote : #1
profile : pm
www.savesega.com For more info.
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:21 pm
quote : #2
Did you make this, or are you passing it along?

I love sega and all, but that article or plea or whatever the hell it was, was very childish. Refering to sammy as satan himself, and how they are literally going to kill sega is way out of proportion.

Also the fact that sammy is having sega clear some room for pachinko machines is no big deal. The writer says that no one has heard of pachinko and that it is "shit" but actually, there is a market for that kind of game and it is in Japan.

"But this is not just the death of some average company. It is the destruction of creativity, honour, justice and all HAPPY, FREE PEOPLE ACROSS THE WORLD"
Jesus, get a life. Now that sammy has bought shares in sega I'll never be able to sleep well at night! (sarcasim)

So how are we gonna save sega? The writer wants us all to buy shares. Have the people own more of the stocks then sammy so they can't take over and unleash hell's fury. Good luck pal, hope you get the money. Wink
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:24 pm
quote : #3
Man this is no joke! Mad

Sammy may kill Sega thats means no more sonic, shenmue, jet set radio, pso etc
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:27 pm
quote : #4
Yes, they will influence sega to do this and that, but isn't it possible that sega will in turn make some games for sammy's atomisware board which in turn could be ported to the dc due to the fact that both are very similar? This oculd result in just mroe dc games.
Here's a little article for ya.
www.videogames.com

"Sammy to Sega: Concentrate on arcades

Sammy pres Satomi advises Sega to stick to what it does best--arcade games. Satomi to play greater and greater role in directing Sega strategy.

TOKYO--According to an interview published by Bloomberg Japan, Sammy president Hajime Satomi will urge Sega to focus its operations on the arcade game business. Satomi stresses that the profitability of Sega's home console sector falls far below that of its arcade business.

"Titles that sell in the console sector are limited. We want to strengthen the arcade game sector since it has higher profitability," said Satomi. His comments reflect on Sega's performance from the last full six-month period, in which Sega posted a loss of 2.5 billion yen in the home console sector while posting a profit of 5.6 billion yen its arcade activities.

Satomi says he is hopeful Sega will develop games for Sammy's low-cost Atomiswave arcade machine, a cartridge-based JAMMA-compatible system (JAMMA is an arcade standard in Japan) that runs on the same CPU as Sega's Dreamcast and Naomi systems. The Atomiswave is currently operating in America and Japan, but Sammy sees the possibility of bringing the machine to other regions. "It's low cost enough that even a single play at 10 yen a game can turn a profit. We can sell it in third-world countries as well," Satomi said.

face it, sega hasn't been doing well. Yeah things looked to be going up when the dc was ditched here, but still profits aren't going anywhere. Arcade games are still big in japan. Hence, sammy wants sega to work more on the arcade side of things since it is cheaper and they make profits. So sega would make money if they were to concentrate on the arcades for a while. Then sammy wants sega to have some more quailty control on console releases and not just produce anything on the consoles. Nothing wrong with quality control.

On the subject of home consoles, Satomi commented he will ask Sega to select its game releases for home consoles more strictly. Satomi is scheduled to assume a more influential advisory role within Sega, sometime after a special meeting between the two companies is held next week, and to increase his role again, sometime this spring.

Last edited by OrochiSonic on Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:30 pm
quote : #5
Well they may be ended up making arcade games you know.
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:50 pm
quote : #6
very true and very likely. But from what I have read, the arcade industry in Japan is making sega a profit. Nothing wrong with sega getting some money. So they concentrate on that for a while ( some odd number of years) and then later, with more of a financial backing, they will be able to once again make a triumphant return to the realm of consoles, with a new sega system. Unlikely? Yes, but sweet.

Also those arcade games could just be ported to the dc. If sammy allows them on their board, then they probably would think it would be good for the home console. And some cheap and easy dc ports could happen.
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:42 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
All I know is, it's the end of an era. Sega's creative abilities were their only asset. Their marketing and business practices are horrible. Sega really had no choice but to sell out those shares to sammy. Now that sammy is swinging their weight around Sega will have to do what Sammy says. Many high end veteran developers have already left. I guess I feel fortunate enough to be a part of the sega genesis and also most importantly the sega dreamcast. In the dreamcast I feel like Sega sacrificed themselves and put ALL their creative abilities into release such unbelievable titles. I mean really look at all the amazing games that completly originated from the DC, its like a gold mine of creative output that won't happen again for quite sometime. The last time I can remember that happening is with the Neo-Geo.

The only group I see new things coming from thats completly sega, is Sonic Team. Other than that the other companies are already being restructured and shuffled around. Sega is changing wether you like it or not, they do not have the financial ability to maintain the cohesiveness of their development teams. This is reality and its not going anywhere. If sega actually owned all their own shares, they would be completly bankrupt.

This save sega site is really biased. So I am gonna kinda go through their article a bit and nit-pick, people are free to read my rants if they wish:

savesega.com wrote:
Sammy Corporation, another Japanese videogames company with games you may never have heard of, and its devil boss Hajime Satome, are going to KILL Sega by closing its famous and globally respected development studios...

If this person even has a shred of credability in the gaming realm he would know who Sammy is and what games they make. Sammy has dropped a rediculious amount of support to the naomi arcade hardware platform. Many arcade games that Sammy produced for this hardware were ported to the dreamcast. Sammy's own Atomis Wave arcade architecture is loosley based on the Naomi. Sammy got their arcade start using Sega's arcade hardware.

savesega.com wrote:
Make no mistake - this is THE hostile takeover of ultimate gaming evil.

This is how the business realm works. This person needs to grow up. If sammy didn't buy those stock shares, then sega would go bankrupt and really be dead.

savesega.com wrote:
Pachinko is something you may never have heard of before, because it's crap and nobody cares about it. But somehow Sammy still manages to make a lot of money from it.

I think this right here speaks for itself. What ignorance. Nobody cares about pachinko yet sammy makes money from it...wow so are these Pachinko machines like giant invisible money magnets that rob old ladies of their purses without people even going near them? LOL man funny

savesega.com wrote:
...the Atomiswave arcade board. This arcade board is made from leftover Dreamcast components bought by Sammy on the cheap - they will be shipped to venues all over the third world and reportedly be profitable at ¥10 a play - around ten cents. This means Sammy is STEALING FROM THE HUNGRY.

Atomis Wave is next generation arcade hardware. Maybe if he investigated some of the games sammy makes supposedly "nobody has ever heard of (LOLOL)" then he would then save himself the time of making that website, and have enough left over to clean the horse shit from around his eyes. Ok thats about all I can stand. Any more typing on this guys site is a waste of my time. To make a long story short this guy is a Troll. A bad one at that.

When people make sites like savesega.com and put that type of mindless trash in it, it just hurts the sega community. This in tern gives me every right to say:

FUCK the author of that site and FUCK savesega.com

He can go suck my big fat cock.

Moral of the story? Stay in school, don't do drugs.

Peace, LordNikon
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:14 pm
quote : #8
OrochiSonic im with you on this,
that was the most childish and poorly written piece of crap I have ever read... Ummm didn't read past second post but just for info pachinko is big no HUGE in Japan, and that person knows shit on this billion dollar industry (I would post the amount but lasts years totals have slipped my mind). Site is trash and don't post that crap here...

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:37 pm
quote : #9
hehe all i care about is that i get mah PSO from sega of europe
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:37 pm
quote : #10
Nikon knows the score. People keep posting that damn site on a bunch of dreamcast and sega boards. I'm tired of calling it a piece of shit on all of these different sites, lol!

I mean even if you looked at it, if sammy was litteraly the monster the site makes it to be, and sega is aten up and locked inside its belly, I think that the years and years of sega games that were made, can keep me happy.

If sega were to never make any more games (heaven forbid) I would still be ok, becuase there are just sooo many games on soo many sega systems that I haven't played. I too am glad that I could be a part of the genesis and dc days, and I will continue to support these systems for a long time to come.

(oh yeah, I'm gonna take a pic of my sega collection tommrow and put it up. Hope you guys like it) Very Happy