Topic: who hosts the online server

Page 1 of 1
matthewj
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:11 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
i was just wandering who is the server hosted by!
example: gamespy
Posted:
Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:28 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
4x4 Evo uses GameSpy's buddy list system. However that is all it uses from GameSpy. The matchmaking and chat is run by someone else who the original developers turned the game over to. I don't know if they are higher up community members, or friends of the developers or what.
Posted:
Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:32 pm
quote : #3
Type: Pal
lordnikon wrote:
4x4 Evo uses GameSpy's buddy list system. However that is all it uses from GameSpy. The matchmaking and chat is run by someone else who the original developers turned the game over to. I don't know if they are higher up community members, or friends of the developers or what.

Could this be why people get inexplicably banned then? If its in no one in particulars hands they can be doing whatever with it I guess.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:32 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
The reason why players get banned, is because the people that run it impose their own form of strict rule over 4x4 Evo. As we all know OC itself has a rather strict ruleset. However there is a fine line between strict, and unreasonable. I feel 4x4 Evo's server rules are unreasonable. They have bots setup to ban users based on keywords. If you are cought in a public lobby area saying any curse words, you get warned and then banned.

The people that maintain control over the game want it to be family friendly. However I often get the feeling "religious" nuts run the game. You can't say anything online that is remotely vulgar.