Page 2 of 2
Frédo
rank 3
Posted:
Sat May 19, 2007 8:28 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
okaaaaaaaaaaay -_-

the problem is that I can't burn under 16x with my PC, and under 8x my my brother's, there is no way for me to burn it at 4x or at 1x

I'll try to find somebody who could burn it for me.
Posted:
Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:09 pm
quote : #17
Frédo wrote:
ooooooooooooooooookay ...

I've try again, burning the nero image at 8x (the slowest I can) , and guess what ? of course, it still doesn't work !

All I have is that stupid music menu of a CD that has no soundtrack, great.

I tried booting it with Utopia, no result

I tried booting it with Gameshark's CD-X, I had a slight hope when I saw that orange swirl (shall I recall that PAL DCs have a blue swirl) but at the end ,I'm back to that music menu...

Anyway, I'm not gonna try again until I have the proof that it can work on a PAL DC

Get the CDI and use Alcohol 120%. Some versions of nero have problems with DC images.

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:29 am
quote : #18
Type: NTSC-U/C
Frédo wrote:
okaaaaaaaaaaay -_-

the problem is that I can't burn under 16x with my PC, and under 8x my my brother's, there is no way for me to burn it at 4x or at 1x

I'll try to find somebody who could burn it for me.

i know some one sujested this all ready but its simple. google search "diskjuggler free trial" any of the trials should work fine. one of the things they do in the trial is limit the righting speeds to 4x or less. they limit righting speeds in the trial to get you to buy the full version that will burn at higher speeds. so if you down load the free trial you shoudnt have speed issues.

i should tell you i have a lot of probs burning any thing for DC. i tride to burn a few things and had little luck. i did get DC hakker and utopia to burn and load but thats it
Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:09 am
quote : #19
Hi, it's me again. I require your help again about cust-plus.

I managed to get a copy of the CD that seems to work, but I have some problems though. In fact, if I insert my VOOT CD right after Cust Plus asked, nothing happens, my DC goes back to the Bios Menu, certainly because my DC is a European one and the game is JPN(original, not backup), my DC can't read it. So I tried using a boot CD (Utopia), the best results I had were by using the CDS in the folowing order: Cust-Plus => Utopia => VOOT .Then the game starts, but when I press Y on my pad for loading a custom VR, the DC reboots !

Why is that ? what should I do ?

Ho and by the way, how am I supposed to press Y on my TwinStick that has no Y button ? please don't tell me that I am doing all this for something that doesn't work with a TwinStick !

thank you for helping me
Posted:
Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:17 am
quote : #20
Whoa, cust-plus actually works? I thought it was still under development. So Fredo, there are people actually playing online with their copies of VOOT online using cust-plus? Or am I wrong? Anyone?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:54 am
quote : #21
Type: NTSC-U/C
Nobody is playing the game online. Otherwise it would be listed in the Online Game List as such. The software is underdeveloped.

Cust Plus in and of itself is merely a disc that allows you to customize the colors of your Virtuoid and use it in a test mode.
Posted:
Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:37 am
quote : #22
Well, in fact I managed to get my answer about why it doesn't work, in fact there is a special version of Cust-Plus to use with a Japanese version of VOOT. So I will have to find a Japanese Cust Plus, or an American VOOT.

(and it can be used with a TwinStick pressing Left Turbo instead of Y)

As far as I understood, with japanese Cust Plus and VOOT, you can do more than customizing the VR and testing them (indeed you already can do that without Cust Plus) you can play with them in the Dreamcast, Arcade, Versus (no link) Training and Watch Mode.

About playing online, I heard about another VOOT extension called "np-client" that would enable to play online using a BBA, a LAN adaptater or a simple dial modem, but I don't think it has been released.
See on Scott's web page
http://voot.sourceforge.net/
Posted:
Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:44 am
quote : #23
I wish I could read Chinese to understand the net client... Sad
Wait, I don't even know if it's Japanese characters or Chinese.

Smurph
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:11 pm
quote : #24
Journeyz wrote:
I wish I could read Chinese to understand the net client... Sad
Wait, I don't even know if it's Japanese characters or Chinese.

It's Japanese. There are 3 alphabets in Japanese. Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji. Kanji looks not unlike Chinese characters.