Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
isafos
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:32 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Just thought i'd ask. it would be nice if I could get a free copy for getting onto the intramawebs with my Dreamcast. So, are Sega still giving it away free for connecting online? And, if so, do I need a specific browser for this? all I currently have is Dreamkey 3.0, which is free.

Help?

JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:26 pm
quote : #2
lol too late, Sega don't care about Dreamcast online play anymore. SegaNet and Dreamarena died like 5 years ago.

isafos
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:17 am
quote : #3
Gah, damn it. >_> Oh well. eBay, I guess. Sad

icebryce
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:45 am
quote : #4
Played it today... It was crazy! Chu Chu Rocket is nuts

Gryzor
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:38 am
quote : #5
isafos wrote:
Gah, damn it. >_> Oh well. eBay, I guess. Sad

Maybe not.

I picked up my Chu Chu Rocket at my local Gamestation a couple of weeks ago for only 99p! Giveaway, practically.

isafos
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:36 pm
quote : #6
Well, I'm in Australia, and the only actual gaming store I've seen is EB, an expensive American chain of stores that likes making you trade in 2 games and then spend slightly less for buying a new one. :p

They don't have Dreamcast stuff either. >_<
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:06 pm
quote : #7
Type: Pal
isafos wrote:
Just thought i'd ask. it would be nice if I could get a free copy for getting onto the intramawebs with my Dreamcast. So, are Sega still giving it away free for connecting online? And, if so, do I need a specific browser for this? all I currently have is Dreamkey 3.0, which is free.

Help?

Laughing This did make me chuckle. I am probably one of the few here who can remember actually logging into Dreamarena about 7 years ago and seeing a big box with get a free game on in and a picture of the Chu chu rocket cover. I was a Dreamkey nut at that time I had my own threads on the forum that were added to and updated daily plus I spent far to much time and money (cus it was all pay per min in those days !!!) in the chat room. It actually took me about 3 days to press the get a free game tag and input my details. I got Chu chu rocket fairly swiftly and played it online with my first game being against leeboy3, I lost 2-1. I think as long as I live I will never forget that as it is what sparked my interest in online gaming and I am still here 7 years later. I was not a big time Chu chu player online I played it mayeb only 3 times. I didnt like the delayed arrows online Sad but tbhis pushed me onto Q3 and PSO and then on and on from there.

What a great topic though Very Happy wouldent it be fantastic if Sega europe were still giving away Chu chu Cool

Laters
Posted:
Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:26 pm
quote : #8
If you want chu chu rocket you can still pick up relatively cheap on ebay. Usually can get it for under 10 bucks with shipping. I think mine was 5 total, but I got it like a year ago...so yeah.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:48 pm
quote : #9
Type: Pal
HoboJoe wrote:
If you want chu chu rocket you can still pick up relatively cheap on ebay. Usually can get it for under 10 bucks with shipping. I think mine was 5 total, but I got it like a year ago...so yeah.

If and when I see it in the UK there are normally 3-4 copys and its anywhere from 99p to £2 = $2 to $4

Laters
Posted:
Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:20 pm
quote : #10
Well....buying a PAL version wouldn't exactly worked on my NTSC dreamcast, especially since my dreamcast isn't modded. =P

ATN_LR
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:34 am
quote : #11
HoboJoe wrote:
Well....buying a PAL version wouldn't exactly worked on my NTSC dreamcast, especially since my dreamcast isn't modded. =P

They're quite cheap on ebay, with shipping you can have a copy for under 10$.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/COMPLETE-Chu-Chu-Rocket-chuchu-Dreamcast-Sega-Game_W0QQitemZ200202727718QQihZ010Q QcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Really a great game, even withouth online play, particulary if you have someone to play with you. I miss playing online that one.

HoboJoe
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:34 pm
quote : #12
Lol....I already have chu chu rocket....the PAL version is a little bit cheaper to get though I beleive.

ATN_LR
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:29 am
quote : #13
haha Sorry, when I read the posts the first time, I didn't noticed that you pointed exactly the same thing I posted.