Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
1, 2  Next
Greedo
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:52 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
This is my first time trying to go online with my Dreamcast. I connect with version 2.0 of the web browser, swap it with my worms game and try to go to an online game. The game freezes once I get the message "Connected to Server!" Has anyone encountered similar problems?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:02 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Greedo wrote:
This is my first time trying to go online with my Dreamcast. I connect with version 2.0 of the web browser, swap it with my worms game and try to go to an online game. The game freezes once I get the message "Connected to Server!" Has anyone encountered similar problems?

Your not supposed to swap it. All you do is configure you dreamcast for the internet. Once its clear you can get online with it, you power off the dreamcast, then put in your worms disc. Power it on and let worms connect to the internet and then it will connect to wormnet servers.
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:15 pm
quote : #3
Thats what I tried doing initially. However every time I try connecting through the game itself I get a connection error. I'm using the free juno 800 number. Maybe that is where the problem lies...

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:17 pm
quote : #4
Really? Hmmm it should work with that ISP :[ You live in chicago right? Hmmm I live in chicago too, its worked great for me. Did you try the MSN accounts?
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:33 pm
quote : #5
I didn't get the error with the msn accounts. However I was still stuck at the connected screen. After mashing some buttons I got back out to the main menu and could enter again and view the lobby. Unfortunately nobody is there. How do I create a room?

Last edited by Greedo on Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

OrochiSonic
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:39 pm
quote : #6
oh man, for a moment I thought worms had gone done or something! Hope you get everything sorted out Greedo!
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:00 pm
quote : #7
OrochiSonic wrote:
oh man, for a moment I thought worms had gone done or something! Hope you get everything sorted out Greedo!

If worms was ever having problems. I think its safe to say wormytheworm would know about it first :D hehehe

Yea greedo you just join a lobby channel area like Intermediate or something etc etc. Also if your looking for gametimes to play worms. The prime gametimes are when wormytheworm posts games. He posts them all the time. Sometimes practically every day. He lives in europe and schedules times that are at night for him, but its at around 4PM for us or so. Use the timezone page to do the math. Which reminds me! i need to merge one of his worms guides into the worms controls guide.
Posted:
Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:57 pm
quote : #8
You know I got this the first time I got worms... but its really just takes forever to connect 5 min I think. Wonder why, is this just me?

xxx
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:51 pm
quote : #9
it kinda freezes 4 me 2 but,after about 3-4 minutes it connects
Posted:
Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:59 am
quote : #10
their servers are real buggy.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
twiztid_420
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:31 pm
quote : #11
I've tried everyday for hours to get worms online and it doesn't work for me. Yet there are people telling me that they have played it the same day I try. I've tried all the msn usernames and I've only found one number with an answer in my area code (740). Everytime I try to get online it says your username or password is incorrect. I put the password in as stated NOT SET YET with caps and spaces. The only isp I got to go online is the 1-800 juno one. All I can do with it is browse the web. I have also tried to get my demo copy of 4x4 evolution online but it says it was unable to establish a connection, and all I get with worms is connected to server! but it just sits there doing nothing. I gave it 10 minutes before each retry and I get the same thing. Is there a certain time that is easy to get worms online? Or am I just screwed? I've never got to experiance playing online with my dc and I know I have already missed out on pso, but I don't want to miss out on worms.

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:50 pm
quote : #12
Hey Twizted, I don't know if this is your problem, but try entering the 'NOT SET YET' with a virtual keyboard as opposed to a real keyboard. I had a similar problem with Quake that was solved using the method above.
Posted:
Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:04 pm
quote : #13
I don't have the dreamcast keyboard, so I had the use the one that pops up.

Posted Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:10 pm:

Anyone who is online with worms please tell me what isp you used and how you did it.
Posted:
Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:03 am
quote : #14
I have a question: twiztid_420 your telephone service wouldn't happen to be AT&T would it? Check your bills and see if this is the case.
Posted:
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:08 am
quote : #15
My phone company is horizon. My 4x4 evo demo and 2.6 browser work fine. If anyone has had worms stuck at connected to server before and figured out how to get past it and play online, I would like to know everything you tried. Hopefully I will be able to get it online soon, I really want to play wormytheworm. And I'm using 1-800 juno isp.