quote : #1
profile : pm
http://f17.aaa.livedoor.jp/~takotako/g2bus.php#g2usb
Posted:
Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:11 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I see the words "serial bus extender." It appears to me like someway to plug circuits into the dreamcast, without having to take apart the console (or having to make nice plastic boxes to attach to DC).

It also appears that with this, you can use homemade broadband adapters, and probably a lot of other homemade items.

Please note that this idea is based purely on the photos, not really any circuitry/electronics experience here.
-Schthack: Asar Zo'am lvl 001
Segata Sanshiro
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:05 pm
quote : #3
Type: PAL
That WIP called "BBA clone experiment" sounds quite exciting. Japanese coders always seem to work silently, in the dark, and suddenly come up with great things when you least expect it (instead of constantly teasing people with incomplete betas and screenshots and then abandoning the project). I think someone already noticed that site some time ago, or some other similar japanese site...

Definitely only for high profile hackers Laughing

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:28 am
quote : #4
So is it a way 2 build an realy working homemade bba or is it ''only'' a lan adapter?
Posted:
Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:29 pm
quote : #5
Type: PAL
If I understood correctly, he has several finished projects, one of them being a homemade LAN adapter. The BBA clone is still a work in progress.

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:29 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
From my limited understanding, won't the BBA be harder to clone since it uses a chipset that's rather hard to come by?