Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Fri May 30, 2008 7:13 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Such a good story, I had to post it here Mr. Green

http://dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=97250&sid=f3eb70d71da4fa5b188fdaf48662fd0c

Thats crazy! Best story i have read about the dreamcast since all the turmoil about the Propeller Arena Leak.
rank 43
Posted:
Fri May 30, 2008 11:15 am
quote : #2
Type: Pal
I am never sure I am happy reading about Echelon no matter what the content. I will admit I have several Echelon pirates sat on my shelf but these were non pal released titles that I followed up with full game purchases which I doubt a lot of others bothered to do. The name Echelon to me is forever linked with piracy and piracy had a very bad effect on the Dreamcast.

Still an interesting story none the less.

Laters
Posted:
Fri May 30, 2008 11:44 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I think what is so interesting about this, is the Dreamcast community's willingness to interperet the information as they see fit. They are shaping facts to support some destiny of the Dreamcast. As if it was meant all along to have a dedicated community years after it left the retail market.

People need to consider that at the time, internet piracy of all things was much more widespread. I am not talking about napster. I am talking about top level FTP dump sites, with high bandwidth access to pretty much everything. If you were able to provide favors for release groups, they would provide favors for you. This often involved no limit access to any number of top level FTP dumps. I had access to quite a few way back from 1999-2002.

Gary's little tip to Echelon may have been nothing more than greed supporting greed.
Posted:
Sat May 31, 2008 5:03 pm
quote : #4
Type: PAL
I totally agree with you, i must admit its intersting to read, i only glanced and picked up major parts. One thing i noticed "Coded by SEGA" And then Gary Lake, its all so confusing.