profile : pm

There is this guy selling that^

Or as his ad says
"sega dreamcast
w/
2 memory units
4 controllers
1 fishing rod
2 fighter joysticks (perfect for street fighter 3)
all needed cables + cd binder "

Is it a good deal? All for 100$. I am only interested on the arcade sticks. I have lots of imported fighting games and want to try them out with a arcade stick. But i've read that there are fake once out there, or once that aren't that good. I was wondering if those are legit? And do they work good? I mean they wont break or something.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:26 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
That auction is definatly worth 100 dollars. (Is it 100 shipped?) Those arcade sticks are legit. They are the Agetec Official Dreamcast Arcade sticks. They have VMU slots on them.

The best thing about these sticks, is that they are perfect for modding. So if you ever wanted to mod in a new stick or some sanwa buttons, you could no problem. Also, these sticks tend to hold their value as well.

I would ask the seller for a clearer picture of the image though to check for their condition.
Posted:
Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:42 pm
quote : #3
The item is local pickup only. I work around where he lives. The thing is he is selling it with 4 controllers and another dreamcast. I already own 3 Dreamcast controllers =P I just want tje arcade sticks. But i'll try to contact him about it see if he can lower the price or something.If not i'll get them. Thanks!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:52 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have a huge stockpile of controllers as well. It sort of comes with the territory of buying game bundles unfortunatly ;(

Atleast I know I will never run out of a working DC controller Wink

If you check ebay right now, you will see 2 of those arcade sticks going for 100 bucks BuyItNow, as well as a few completed listings that went for over 100, and a single stick bid for 75.

So you are getting those arcade sticks for a major deal if they are in good working condition.
Posted:
Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:06 pm
quote : #5
Metal Hedgehog wrote:
Is it a good deal? All for 100$. I am only interested on the arcade sticks. I have lots of imported fighting games and want to try them out with a arcade stick. But i've read that there are fake once out there, or once that aren't that good. I was wondering if those are legit? And do they work good? I mean they wont break or something.

I say this deal is well worth it, assuming everything functions properly. Those two Dreamcast "agetec" arcade sticks fetch for around $40 alone.

The stiks are the real deal, one is from the US or JPN (black Dreamcast logo) and the other from EU (white Dreamcast logo). I also highly recommend these sticks especially if you're into 2D Capcom fighting games. Besides being mod friendly as lordnikon hinted, they're one of the best consumer grade stiks money can buy. That is to say, it may not be able to take as much abuse as the arcade grade ones, but they're relatively affordable, quite responsive, robust and certainly built to last. Smile