Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:58 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
i like the look of this mini bio gun. so i clicked on it and it says it can be used with silent scope? wtf that cant be right. silent scope doesn't even have light gun support. or does the JP version have it? to see the DC mini bio gun click here
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:58 am
quote : #2
"This gun will work with any Dreamcast and is the only gun that is compatible with the Silent Scope game. There is a mode selector switch at the side of the gun." -Wikipedia

there ya go
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:36 am
quote : #3
did you get that information here? if so that's not the same gun and below the part you quoted it says "silent scope does not support light guns". and sadly this is correct! the arcade version of Silent Scope didn't use a light gun at all. though it looks like a light gun it is not. it uses an analog system to control the sighting. much like using the thumb stick on the Dreamcast controller.

i have actually contributed to this wiki a while back. i added Demolition Racer to it as a commercial light gun game Laughing
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:18 am
quote : #4
there's a switch on the side of it that changes it to a controller shaped like a gun so it works with the game. so in one mode, it's a light gun that you can use in say, house of the dead, and in another mode, its a gun shaped controller that you can use in silent scope. it's really quite brilliant.
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:39 am
quote : #5
Type: PAL
Mirrorboy have you actually tested this gun to see if it says what it does on the tin? If so did you buy it from this site?

Thanks, lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Mirrorboy
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:40 am
quote : #6
looks like i've sparked a seperate thread here :p

and no, i have not tested it, but i've seen it on other sites too, and they all say that this gun will work with silent scope. i don't remember what site though, because this was a long time ago when i first got my dreamcast and i was looking for a light gun.
Posted:
Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:15 am
quote : #7
Type: PAL
Hmm well even if one site is wrong other websites are likely to copy a description from somwehere else. I'd only believe it when I see it Mr. Green
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:55 am
quote : #8
Yea plus items can be falsly advertised: DC VS CABLE - CVS2! Daytona! (Great watch google pick this up.)

Someone out there has to have this bio gun though.
Posted:
Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:21 am
quote : #9
I have it.

The 'Silent Scope' setting only allows you to use a D-pad placed at the rear for aiming and the trigger to fire. Hence it is far from a lightgun experience. Further, it's of terrible quality.

Avoid.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:27 am
quote : #10
that sounds about the way i had figured it would work, if it worked at all. considering the game is not designed for light guns.
Posted:
Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:23 pm
quote : #11
Type: NTSC-U
i have always wanted a light gun, i should try this one out