Page Location: Home > Support > PC-DC Server > Topic
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:34 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
i have been up all night messing with sega swirl. im using Gmail as the email client. i have pop3 enabled and i am using my ISPs SMTP server for out bound. i set up my Dreamcasts email settings with the correct information. but for some reason when i go to send out my move it fails with a data error.

so i thought maybe i need to forward some ports in my router to the PC-DC server. i forwarded ports 25,110 and 587 to my PC-DC server. but that did nothing! still same ole data error. i checked Winroute to make sure the ports are being forwarded to the DC and they were.

anyone have any ideas as to why i cant get this to work?
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:37 am
quote : #2
If your ISP's SMTP server requires a secure encrypted connection it will not work. None of the dreamcast browsers support this. I know that gmail's SMTP server requires encryption so I'm not sure if using your ISP's server works around this. Are you able to send email? (or have you been able to without the PC-DC server?)
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:34 am
quote : #3
i figured out that Gmail will not work some time after making that post. Gmail uses different ports plus what you stated. i have tested some other pop3 mail clients using outlook. its looking like i will not be able to play sega swirl. i do have one more option. i can check to see if the email that my ISP gave me works. odds are it will not work either.