Page Location: Home > Support > Get Your Dreamcast Online > Topic
erb365
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:16 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hello again well im preaty much scrued. i just got maximum pool for the dreamcast and i downloaded the save to go online and then i tryed it and it doesent work.... now i have bean having alot of issues with going online with alot of games. could this be my isp that is only compatible with quake 3 and pso? beacas i cant seem to be able to conect to maximum pool, starlancer or 4x4 evo
and yes all my setings are corect beacas i listen to the phone to see if atleast it try's to conect to dialup and it does until it i hear this beep for like 6 sec and then it hangs up does any bady have issues like this? its really frustrating Mad

MasquedWarrior
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:21 pm
quote : #2
I don't have much experience with this, but the ISP incompatibility sounds like the most likely explanation to me. Which internet service provider do you use?
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:35 pm
quote : #3
MasquedWarrior wrote:
I don't have much experience with this, but the ISP incompatibility sounds like the most likely explanation to me. Which internet service provider do you use?

you are right it was isp incompatibility and i tryed another isp and WOOT i can play all games now!! Very Happy exept that the save from maximum pool is only for this server but still im so happy now Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:33 pm
quote : #4
erb365, we have been through quite a few previous troubleshooting sessions on getting your Dreamcast onto Starlancer. I am glad it was finally sorted out, and that it was an ISP issue after all.
Posted:
Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:52 pm
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
erb365, we have been through quite a few previous troubleshooting sessions on getting your Dreamcast onto Starlancer. I am glad it was finally sorted out, and that it was an ISP issue after all.

thx nikon i am sorry for any anoying post or double post but it can be realy frustrating to not be able to play online with games. but now i can play all of them ! thx to every 1 who helped me and my upsesion with the dreamcast online capability lol.

MasquedWarrior
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:41 pm
quote : #6
I actually feel really guilty about this, because I read the topic you posted back in November, and considered the isp incompatibility possibility, but didn't post, for some reason, (maybe I had to get back to some work I was doing, or something.) For over a month afterwards, I didn't have constant access to the net for reasons I don't want to admit.

If I had suggested that solution right when you posted it, I could have saved you nearly three months of aggravation.Crying or Very sad I also suffered, as in the time since I reactivated my phone line, (Jan 21,) I could've been playing EVO 4x4 and Maximum Pool with you. At least that'll work as negative reinforcement for next time something like this happens.
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:31 pm
quote : #7
MasquedWarrior wrote:
I actually feel really guilty about this, because I read the topic you posted back in November, and considered the isp incompatibility possibility, but didn't post, for some reason, (maybe I had to get back to some work I was doing, or something.) For over a month afterwards, I didn't have constant access to the net for reasons I don't want to admit.

If I had suggested that solution right when you posted it, I could have saved you nearly three months of aggravation.Crying or Very sad I also suffered, as in the time since I reactivated my phone line, (Jan 21,) I could've been playing EVO 4x4 and Maximum Pool with you. At least that'll work as negative reinforcement for next time something like this happens.

thats ok man its not your fault it was just a isp problem and what matters is that now i can finaly play all online games Razz well exept sega swirl but i dont mind

Posted Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:32 pm:

MasquedWarrior wrote:

thats ok man its not your fault it was just a isp problem and what matters is that now i can finaly play all online games Razz well exept sega swirl but i dont mind. well anytime i can play any games (well when i dont work lol) see ya soon Razz

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:46 pm
quote : #8
Glad to see you figured it out. What ISP were you using? For future reference in case somebody else in the future has the same problem.
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:17 pm
quote : #9
Mertens wrote:
Glad to see you figured it out. What ISP were you using? For future reference in case somebody else in the future has the same problem.

i was using my own isp. i have high speed internet for my pc's and i am with bell and they offer free dialup. i think i fugured out that maybe that free dialup that they offer me might only work with broadband/dialup games like quake 3 and pso but 4x4 and max pool and starlancer is only dialup so it did not work. its kinda hard to explaine but i tryed out another isp "juno" this one is free and works with all games Razz