Arubeto
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:35 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey everybody,

I am thinking about buying this "Advanced Jolt Pack"
(http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=310136579793
and
http://www.odenpartnership.com/cgi-bin/apf4/amazon_products_feed.cgi?Operation=ItemLookup&ItemId=B00 004UC5O)
at ebay, just wanted to know if anybody knows this device and how good the rumble function and the quality are.
Thanks!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:51 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I had never seen this type of rumble pack before. Interesting design. Was this only released in PAL regions?
Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:08 am
quote : #3
the review from the one link is seems ok

"This advanced jolt pack is o.k, but on one game, I found very weak vibrations, while on another, it would not stop. But combining it with 200 blocks of memory makes up for it, and the price is well worth it."

having a built in memory card seems like a pretty good idea. i wonder why more manufacturers didn't use this design. i wouldn't mind having a few of these.
Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:25 am
quote : #4
Yes, I read that infos, too, but wanted to hear more opinions from people who know there stuff Wink

I haven't heard of this "Jolt Pack" before as well, so I don't know if it was an PAL-only release.

But since Joytech is a company I already heard of (and can't recall any stories about faulty stuff or bad quality) I decided to buy that thing. I will let you know how good it works when I get it.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:29 pm
quote : #5
Type: Pal
gary_b wrote:
the review from the one link is seems ok

"This advanced jolt pack is o.k, but on one game, I found very weak vibrations, while on another, it would not stop. But combining it with 200 blocks of memory makes up for it, and the price is well worth it."

having a built in memory card seems like a pretty good idea. i wonder why more manufacturers didn't use this design. i wouldn't mind having a few of these.

Hmm I dunno. Having a memory card built into a jolt pack seems like a sure fire recipe for corrupt files. I didnt think vibration and data files electrical equipment went that well together.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:33 pm
quote : #6
Actually, I can think of 1 good reason for this device:

If you want both rumble, and 200 blocks of space to access download content in the same controller. DLC is usually read once and isn't resaved Wink So instead of having 1 VMU with saves, and another slot being taken up with rumble, its like getting an extra 200 blocks for easy access to DLC.
Posted:
Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:02 pm
quote : #7
I just received the "Advanced Jolt Pack" and tried it with Crazy Taxi 2. It works nicely, but you have to switch between the two functions "Rumble" and "Memory" with a small switch on the side of the pack. This isn't as annoying as it sounds though, because you can switch during play on the fly, meaning that you can select "Memory" only when saving and then switching back to "Rumble" when playing.

The jolt pack is half transparent, letting you see the rotating weight. This is kind of funny, because the controller appears somewhat dynamic with it's visible moving parts.

Also, since this is my first rumble pack I can't judge if it's heavier or has a stronger vibration effect than a normal rumble pack from Sega, but it seems quiet heavy.

All in all, I am pleased with the pack but have to try it with more games and compare it to a standard rumble pack to be able to fully recommend it.