Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Arubeto
rank 7
Posted:
Tue May 12, 2009 3:32 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hi,

I finally got Skies of Arcadia from ebay today, but I was very unlucky because my DC refuses to load disc 1 (disc 2 works fine, though). Since I couldn't make out any big scratches on the discs surface I wondered if it's the game discs fault or because my DC has some problems with it's laser.

Is there a way to determine the true reason for such cases without buying a second game or dreamcast? I have some more games that refuse to load without showing heavy marks on the surface, so I was wondering if the games are alright but my system is broken, perhaps.

Any good hints would be very appreciated!

Manji
rank 6
Posted:
Sat May 16, 2009 9:18 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
maybe if you tried another disc 1 copy of Skies of Arcadia? could be the disc itself but if disc 2 works fine as you say, its a little confusing. my only guesses since im not so technically inclined would be dirty lens, lens/laser alignment or a worn out something else like drive motor.

personally i would get a replacement dc since i'm not familiar with fixing things. but if you feel comfortable taking it apart i would recommend that and looking under the hood. mess around with it but still get a replacement dc so you can play games and at the same time work on fixing your other system. could be an interesting learning experience!

Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Sat May 30, 2009 4:04 am
quote : #3
Some disks drive me nuts? I buy and sell a lot of DC games and consoles. I have recently had two PAL Power Stone 2's sent back by customers (at my expense!!) Upon retesting both of them they work perfectly on 4 Dreamcasts I have at home????

Over the years I have had some brand new shrink-wrapped games that refused to work? I remember a "dodgy batch" of Worms Armageddon, I had several of them that would not work?

amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:34 pm
quote : #4
Regarding the first disc of Skies, the same thing happened to me. How I did I fix it? I used the GameShark lite on it(treated it like an import) just once, and it has worked ever since. Why that works I do not know, but the GS-lite has worked for a couple of other games as well, when they would not load. Good luck!
Btw, the GS-lite has been cheap on ebay the last couple of years(under$10.00 including shipping) and the bonus of course is that it will boot up imports as well.