Page Location: Home > Classic Sega > Topic
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sat May 30, 2009 12:14 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
Are there any console emulators for PC that support the use of the game disc? I thought this might be useful on a variety of platforms for game testing. If like me you dont have all your old games consoles permanently set up then every time I get a vintage game I have to pull out the system parts etc set it up move the telly blah blah. This is time consuming and can be a pain. Would be great if some emulators allowed you to pop games discs in. In this instance the game I bought today was Clockwork knight 2 for Saturn for the grand sum of 99p in Cash generator. Games complete but the disc is a bit marked up so need to test it. Its drag out the Saturn time again Mr. Green

Laters
Posted:
Sat May 30, 2009 2:41 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
You can run original Saturn and Sega CD games in the PC's CD Rom drive for PC emulators. Just not that for Saturn games, you need a beast of a machine to run them at high speeds. You should be able to test just fine, but a 3.2ghz dual core or greater is needed to actually play them. Even still playing on original Saturn is always recommended. PC is good for testing but original hardware is always best for actual playing.

The only instances where playing the game on the PC are recommended is when you simply can't afford the orginal yet. Titles like SNATCHER for the SegaCD or Radiant Silvergun are expensive. So until one has hundreds of dollars to buy those games, the PC is the next best option in the interim.