Page 1 of 1
harrykid
unknown
Posted:
Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:27 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok so I finnaly got my DS set up with Juno dail up and now I want to play online I want to play around saturday night 8 pm Pacific time Sorry Jaesonx5 didn`t mean to steal your word

Posted Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:28 am:

I see how it is guys nobody play with the new guy Left alone on a saturday night

jjc5150
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:58 pm
quote : #2
hey man, i saw your post and just wanted to say a few things. First off, its not "nobody wants to play with the new guy" - its not like that at all. I have set up games and no one shows up as well - it happens. I can not speak for everyone here obviously, but with my experience here at oc, there are players of all ages, from all over the world, with totally different schedules who play games thru this site. you may set up a game and no one shows up, OR you may set up a game and 20 people show up - thats just the way it is.

What I would do is this, 1. fill out your profile completely so we can know where you are located in the world. 2. make sure your gmt time on your profile is set accurately. 3. when you schedule a game put it on the game organization schedule calendar. 4. add your name to the player database for the online games that you own - and lastly set up an account and install the jabber instant messenger program on your computer so you can communicate with other players from the site.

I think this will help you out a lot for when you schedule your next game session.
Jabber ID: JJC5150@jabber.org
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:55 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
Yeh thats some good advice jjc150 gave you. Ideally you should also try to start organising a game early as possible. For example if you wanted to play Starlancer on a saturday, you may wish to post here on the monday before to give people more time to see this post and work out times etc.

The OC is a very welcoming community, trust me everyone here is willing to play pretty much anyone online. But some with such a diverse community there are restrictions with people having work, exams, partners, kids, other hobbies etc. and our time zones varying so much.

I would reccommend following the steps that jjc5150 layed out, once thats sorted then your sure to get some games in! I'd love to play some starlancer again, a couple of years ago there was weekly games on a saturday or friday and the server was always full.

Peace, lozz.

P.S. Mertens is the king of starlancer
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
harrykid
unknown
Posted:
Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:33 pm
quote : #4
Thanks anyone for next saturday?

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:31 am
quote : #5
I have my final exams up until the Friday 19th of June. So I can't really play until the 27th, but I'll be up for weekly games then Mr. Green
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
harrykid
unknown
Posted:
Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:05 pm
quote : #6
BTW I`m not as mad as everyone thinks

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:25 am
quote : #7
hey i'm always up for a game, but theres a couple of problems, 1. i have to cancel my dial-up internet with peoplepc soon, and 2. I travel a lot without much warning. if you post a time on the schedule a couple of days in advance I'll try to make it.
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:27 pm
quote : #8
cool see you whenever
Posted:
Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:31 am
quote : #9
Once i have finished all of my assignments for work on 2nd July i will be free to join in this weekly event. Between now and then i'm trying to get all this work done and get some last minute practice in Laughing

fattony
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:09 am
quote : #10
So then we`ll all be playing next saturday the 4 hey thats the forth of July ( I realy just realized that) Lets make it a pateriotic match

Posted Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:54 pm:

Well I`ll be checking up if anyones there this saturday