Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
DCbrotha
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:30 pm
quote : #76
profile : pm
Type: NTC-U
I see what you are saying Nikon. Its all good, its good you picked it up too cus the last I read of your posts you were questioning to purchase. Its a good thing ya did too because even though it might not appeal to your SHMUPS taste, it will be an addition to ALL the other SHMUPS you have for the DREAMCAST!

Its gotta be nice to have all the DC SHMUPS!

Now when you say Nikon---- you have all of the Dreamcast SHMUPS are you saying you have ALL (meaning UK, US, JP, etc) copies?

examples

Giga Wing NTSC-U
Giga Wing NTSC-J
Giga Wing NTSC-EU

and limiteds:

Border Down LE NTSC-J
Border Down Standard NTSC-J

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:09 am
quote : #77
Type: NTSC-U/C
lordnikon wrote:
NOTE: For anyone who did purchase DUX I highly advise getting your bug replacement discs, and pursuing the matter aggressively until it is resolved. If they do not have the foresight to print different logos on the disc labels, finding non-buggy discs in the aftermarket will be impossible.
i hope that they do something so that people can tell the difference. it would really suck if they did nothing!
Posted:
Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:40 pm
quote : #78
Type: NTSC-U/C
DCbrotha wrote:
I see what you are saying Nikon. Its all good, its good you picked it up too cus the last I read of your posts you were questioning to purchase. Its a good thing ya did too because even though it might not appeal to your SHMUPS taste, it will be an addition to ALL the other SHMUPS you have for the DREAMCAST!

I did not buy DUX. I downloaded it and played the game in an emulator to see first hand all of the issues it has. It is always important to be an educated and informed consumer. I would not spend $40.00 on a title that doesn't appeal to me. Why would I buy a game with this many problems? DUX in its current condition has no business being anywhere near my Dreamcast shooter collection.

DCbrotha wrote:
Now when you say Nikon---- you have all of the Dreamcast SHMUPS are you saying you have ALL (meaning UK, US, JP, etc) copies?

I own the following:

US - Bangai-O
US - Giga Wing
US - Giga Wing 2
US - GunBird 2
US - Mars Matrix
JP - Bakuretumuteki Bangaioh
JP - Border Down (Limited Edition)
JP - Chaos Field
JP - Giga Wing
JP - Karous
JP - Ikaruga
JP - Psyvariar 2: The Will to Fabricate
JP - Radirgy
JP - Shikigami No Shiro 2 (Limited Edition)
JP - Trigger Heart Exelica
JP - Trigger Heart Exelica (Limited Edition)
JP - Trizeal
JP - Twinkle Star Sprites
JP - Under Defeat
JP - Under Defeat (Limited Edition)
JP - Zero Gunner 2
Posted:
Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:08 am
quote : #79
Type: PAL
I haven't heard too much about this game what is it like and is it worth getting? i'll be looking around to see what i can find and understand about it

amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:08 pm
quote : #80
Yes it is worth getting if you are like myself, someone who needs as many lives to get through games as tough as this one. I know Lordnikon has blasted the crap right out of the game, but the way I look at it, non hardcore shooter fans will appreciate the help the extra lives provide, enabling them just to get through it.
Most of my Dreamcast shooters are played just to get through them, not for scoring, so most of the issues he pointed out(which are valid) do not negate my pleasure when playing this game.
The first pressing of this game is like having two games in one;
Non-VGA-gives us regular folks extra lives at the beginning when we need them
VGA- for the hardcore fans who already have the box, so no scoring bug is necessary for them

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:20 am
quote : #81
can anyone remember if there was a number printed on the wrap? I'm seeing dux "limited edition" versions popping up all round the web, but as far as I know hucast wasn't going to make those

here's a guy on ebay asking €134/$189 for a so called limited edition
item number: 320396876771

I don't have my warp anymore, but i'm if its just printed on the wrap, that doesn't count, right?

edit: anyone still has it sealed, to verify?

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:24 pm
quote : #82
Maz the number is so small printed - you cant see it on a picture. If you want - sealed - pm me.

And yes - the pictures shows the limited version - the normal ones - has a white case.