david656
rank 1
Posted:
Tue May 26, 2009 6:01 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Hi,

my XP was playing up and not recognising any dial-up modem i've tried but vista recognised it fine and installed it.

I cannot find out if its voice or not so the modem could be iffy... it does have a phone and line socket though and is about 2 years old.

i am using planet web 3.0

i have done the registry edits as if it was an XP machine, following this http://www.maturion.de/dreamcast/mterlouw/

I have a line going from the 'line socket' to the dreamcast modem socket and setup planet web but all it says is 'dialling modem'

now i know i can get my hands on a USB zoom modem...would that work better and eliminate the possible issues like

-my modem might not be voice
-i may need a line simulator
-there is no caution sticker on my modem so no idea what it is

cheers for any help, if i CAN get this working more than willing to do a vista guide and upload Smile

Nesmaster75
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:51 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'm having the same exact problem as you (all the guides I've seen are for Windows XP, and I'm currently running Windows 7...). If you do figure it out for Vista though, please do post how you did it because Windows 7 is basically vista. Thanks!

cheryablinsk70
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:37 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'd like to know if you figure this out as well, since I have Vista on my only laptop, which I'd rather use as a PC-DC server than what I'm trying to use right now, as I don't want to lug a large desktop to friends' houses when I bring my DC over there.