Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:39 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ooga Booga, lately has been classified as one of my favorite games of all time. This was so fun to play online. It brings tears to my eyes thinking we will never be able to play this online again. The boar polo matches, the melee combat, I remember the even 9 to 9 score me and mytho had in the very last game we ever played on ooga booga online. A great game, just thought i would remanisce a little bit.
Posted:
Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:44 pm
quote : #2
When my friends come over, we always play Ooga Booga. There is something about the game that draws people to it. It's a great multiplayer experience.
Posted:
Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:18 pm
quote : #3
yes i agree it is a very exciting game when it is multiplayer!!! Boar Polo is the most fun challenge on the game in my opinion!!! So far this is the best game i have played on the dreamcast!!!! I got my dreamcast last year and when i got it i never even thought about the online gaming feature because i thought all the games were going to be offline anyways!!! then i found onlineconsoles.com and figured it out that there are some still some dreamcast games online!!! One great thing would be that if onlineconsoles.com would work something out and get all the dreamcast games back online!!! to bad dreamcast didn't make it where there was no servers and it would just connect from dreamcast to dreamcast!!! Welll i hope someone will get all dreamcast games online!!!!

Maybe in the future that will happen!!! Keep working at it lordnikon and maybe you can get all dreamcast games back online with the SNAP thing described on your article over Starlancer being back online!!!
Posted:
Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:37 pm
quote : #4
ooga booga and alien front online where the two games I never got to play online but i really wanted to. They both seem to have pretty good single player but I'll never know what it's like to play online multiplayer Crying or Very sad
Metal Hedgehog
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:44 pm
quote : #5
I remembering reading about it before it came out. I never got to play it Sad I haven't boughten it. Is this strictly multilayer? Any bots at least? or does it have a story line?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:53 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
It has no main storyline. The game's single player is similar to Quake or UT. You can play single player against bots, or multiplayer with 1-4 players. 2 Player splitscreen works extremely well. One of the best multiplayer games on the DC.

For those who never got to play the game online, its Chat window was really small. Me and TheMytho would spend hours chatting online in this game, in the tiny tiny window. I think Starlancers is the smallest, but Ooga Booga was definitely runner up.
Posted:
Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:28 pm
quote : #7
just bid on this game on ebay heres hopeing that i get it i think it will be great to play with my boys.
Posted:
Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:21 am
quote : #8
true, I play it with my five year old every now & then & she loves it

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
bomb78
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:25 am
quote : #9
I never like this game, it is very very repetitve, graphics are poor, music very common...
How can you compare it with quake 3 ????

Douggie
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:29 pm
quote : #10
Man, Ooga Booga was AMAZING. I am going to get that out right now, wake up both of my housemates (it's 3.30am here) and make them play it until they agree with me it's awesome Cool

Although what lordnikon was saying about Starlancer's chat window was so true - if i remember correctly, it was okay in the actual game, but in the lobby, conversation was IMPOSSIBLE, thanks to an absurd 16 character limit.

Dude 1: "Hey guys"
Dude 1: "Can we play?"
Dude 2: "Hang on. We're"
Dude 2: "Just waiting for"
Dude 2: "my mate to get"
Dude 2: "on. His sister"
Dude 2: "is hogging the"
Dude 2: "internet"
Dude 1: "ok"

Any chat box too small to fit the words "Will you marry me?" is FAR too short...