Topic: Need help with a few things

Page 1 of 1
ZeeZee659
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:41 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Okay so I been trying to make a PC-DC server between the Dreamcast and my windows 2000 Pro. So far every thing went pretty smooth except when I change the registry and reastart to apply these changes i lose all source of internet. It says that my Wireless Netgear Adapter is connected to the internet but its no picking up any internet. So i change the registry back to the way it was and reastart my computer and i get the internet back. If there is a solution to this i would love to here it other wise i might be going up a river with no paddle Shocked
Posted:
Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:46 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
You are already up a river with no paddle, since there has been no proven method for setting up a PC-DC server with Windows 2000. The only proven method so far is with Windows 98. Plus it is very difficult to diagnose the problems someone else is having when experimenting with other OS's like Windows 2000, when other people can't even get a proper PC-DC server to work in that environment. So there is no point of reference. I wish I had the answers to why it doesn't work with Windows 2000/XP, but at the moment, I don't have any solutions. Sad
Posted:
Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:10 am
quote : #3
http://www.virtualbox.org

run windows 98 in a virtual setting

ZeeZee659
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:54 am
quote : #4
alienfrontoffline wrote:
http://www.virtualbox.org

run windows 98 in a virtual setting

When i do this [run windows 98 in a virtual settings] what will happen to the Windows 2000 program?
Posted:
Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:50 am
quote : #5
If you mean what will happen to your Windows 2000 OS installation, nothing will happen... this just runs a version of windows 98 within your current operating system.

ZeeZee659
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:16 pm
quote : #6
Okay so which one do i download?

Download VirtualBox ¶
Here, you will find links to VirtualBox binaries and its source code.

VirtualBox binaries ¶
The binaries in this section are all released under the VirtualBox Personal Use and Evaluation License (PUEL). By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of that license.

--->VirtualBox 3.0.10 for Windows hosts x86/amd64

--->VirtualBox 3.0.10 for OS X hosts Intel Macs

--->VirtualBox 3.0.10 for Linux hosts

--->VirtualBox 3.0.10 for Solaris and OpenSolaris hosts x86/amd64
Note: The kernel module of package 3.0.10-54097 for Solaris contains a regression which triggers a host kernel panic after a certain number of module reloads. After updating to package 3.0.10-54216 the host should be rebooted to clear the leak.

--->VirtualBox 3.0.10 Software Developer Kit (SDK) All platforms (registration required)

--->VirtualBox older builds

See the changelog for what has changed.
You might want to compare the MD5 sum to verify the integrity of downloaded packages.

Note: After upgrading VirtualBox it is recommended to upgrade the guest additions as well.

User manual ¶
The VirtualBox User Manual is included in the VirtualBox binaries above. If, however, you would like to take a look at it without having to install the whole thing, you can download it in PDF format here:

User Manual
You will need a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader to view this file. Most Linux systems will have a PDF reader installed by default.

Here you can read the User Manual online.

You may also like to take a look at our frequently asked questions list.

VirtualBox Open Source Edition (OSE) ¶
For a detailed explanation about the differences between VirtualBox and VirtualBox OSE, please take a look at the Editions page. The VirtualBox OSE sources are available free of charge under the terms and conditions of the GNU General Public License, Version 2. By downloading from the below links, you agree to these terms and conditions.

Open Source Edition (OSE) Source code
This is a snapshot of the OSE sources at the time of the stable 3.0.10 release.

Browse the source code repository

This is the current development code, which is not necessarily stable.

View the latest source code changes
Checking out from our Subversion server.
svn co http://www.virtualbox.org/svn/vbox/trunk vbox
This is the current development code, which is not necessarily stable.

Note: The repository was recently moved. If svn update aborts with an error message regarding a moved repository, then do
svn switch --relocate \
http://virtualbox.org/svn/vbox/trunk \
http://www.virtualbox.org/svn/vbox/trunk
After getting the sources in one of the ways listed above, you should have a look at the build instructions.

Please note that the Open Source Edition does not include an installer or setup utilities, as it is mainly aimed at developers and Linux distributors. We do request that anyone intending to redistribute the Open Source Edition contact us first. Please also take a look at our licensing FAQ, in particular regarding the use of the name VirtualBox.
Posted:
Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:43 pm
quote : #7
Not to be mean, but if you can't tell which one you need for your OS the whole PC-DC server thing is probably way out of your technical prowess.

Anyway, its the windows one 32bit one...

Also, I couldn't get this working. Every time I tell my USB modem to Monitor in windows 98, it freezes.

ZeeZee659
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:59 pm
quote : #8
I know i'm not a real big technical prowess but i'm willing to try Embarassed