Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
edku822
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:18 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Help me decide.
Anyone who's played all three games please comment on which one you like and why. I know MSR and TXR2 are also good racers but i didn't think they were all that.
I've read the reviews on gamespot, but just wanting a better description comparing the three.
Thanks.

jools
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:28 pm
quote : #2
hi edku

V-Rally 2 and LeMans24 are 2 of the very best DC racers. GREAT games, with brilliant graphics. But i found the frame rate in Sega Rally 2 was bad when cornering. So i swapped it.

i think Ferrari 355 is by far the best DC racer, though it's not for everyone 'cos it's a simulation. It really shows what the DC can do. Still online too Smile

darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:03 am
quote : #3
sega rally 2 is just a bit better than lemans, although i heard the pal version of sega rally 2 wasnt ported that good. so if u live in the US go for SR2.
Posted:
Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:14 am
quote : #4
aaah, maybe that's it tony. It was a pal copy i had. It was great in a straight line, but fell apart when cornering.

It's kinda hard to compare V-Rally 2 and LeMans24. Different types of racers. VR2 is more Arcade, LM24 is more Simulation. Can't go wrong with either edku!

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:26 am
quote : #5
Sega Rally 2 --- needs one more view. After 10 mins U will like it. The 10 year championship will take u time. Against a friend its major fun.

V-Rally 2 --- nive drifts but also a lot of grafic bugs.

Le Mans --- best game if u play alone. Grafic and gamestyle are the hammer. The 24 hour race shows cool night and day changings.
Posted:
Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:49 am
quote : #6
My opinion since you asked-

TDLeMans is one of the best racers of all time and I enjoyed TDVRally more than SR2.

ssjamie
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:39 am
quote : #7
suzuki alstare.but car wise le mans for the grafics but sega rally for game play. sega rally 1 on saturn still better than s/r2 though.

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:25 am
quote : #8
ssjamie wrote:
sega rally 1 on saturn still better than s/r2 though.

True Smile (car handling is so great) but part 1 is so short...
Posted:
Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:05 pm
quote : #9
yeah, plus manx tt is good on saturn and still one of, if not the best bike games on any console! saturn is better than most peaple think.

SpinDash
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:57 pm
quote : #10
I prefer Sega Rally 2 from TD Le Mans. Never played V-Rally2.

Psyvariar 2: The Will to Fabricate - February 26 2004
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:05 am
quote : #11
i think it'd be test drive le mans far and away the winner of that contest, followed by v rally and then sega rally 2, i dont get along with sega rally 2, i can do like 3 races then the checkpoint times get to tight, but le mans is just amazing all round, the handling, graphics, music, cars, tracks, options, every thing man