Topic: Rush Rush Rally Racing!

Page 3 of 3
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:50 am
quote : #31
profile : pm
The game is rated 3 of 10 in a popular german gaming mag - is it realy that bad?
Posted:
Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:12 am
quote : #32
Type: NTSC-U/C
I wouldn't take the opinions of any "popular" gaming magazine seriously. They tend to have no clue what they are talking about. Odds are that review is just a bunch of people who only like to play the latest releases, and think anything resembling older games is just a "nostalgia" trip.

Check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ_lyQQs__o

It looks superb and they nailed pretty much everything. The music, the timing of the sound effects, the graphics, and the menus all look spot on. For an independent Dreamcast game I would give this a 9/10.
Posted:
Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:10 am
quote : #33
Type: PAL
It does look stunning, but, those poor cows... Crying or Very sad
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:35 am
quote : #34
Type: NTSC-U/C
I actually think that is one of the cooler aspects of the game. The usage of the cow on the cover art, and in the game are what make this game standout as unique and creative. Unavoidable Bovine Collisions.
Posted:
Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:05 pm
quote : #35
this looks really good i really like the menu and loading screens to me they scream classic sega and you know this was made by people who really love them.
Posted:
Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:11 am
quote : #36
So how bad or good is the multiplayer mode? Is it realy a problem - that the 4 ppl mode splits into 4x small screens?
Posted:
Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:46 am
quote : #37
Type: PAL
I haven't played 4 player as of yet, but how else could you do it without the screen being split into 4? Any other racing game (without using a link cable setup) has to do this aswell. 1 player is fantastic, the way the levels progress in granprix suits the learning curve and the bonus levels nearer the end are good fun.

The one flaw I think it has is that it is missing a time trial mode for 1 player. If you want to play a specific track you have to get through all the previous levels in the grand prix mode. Apart from this Senile Team have done a grand job and the pricing of €15 is affordable for most.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:37 am
quote : #38
Well - the game is a bit like other top down racers - many of which doesnt come with a 4 ppl splitscreen - thats why I asked - how playable is the 4 ppl mode.
Posted:
Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:55 pm
quote : #39
lordnikon wrote:
I wouldn't take the opinions of any "popular" gaming magazine seriously. They tend to have no clue what they are talking about. Odds are that review is just a bunch of people who only like to play the latest releases, and think anything resembling older games is just a "nostalgia" trip.

You're not alone (without any flaming......).
Has anyone tested the 4 ppl mode?