Page 1 of 1
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:53 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
what are some light gun games for the master system? and does anyone know if the light phaser is compatible with the Genesis?

edit
i tested my gun with the Genesis and it looks like the wikis are correct. the Genesis acted as if there was nothing plugged in. unless anyone knows of a way to get the gun working? maybe with some kind of converter?
Posted:
Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:53 pm
quote : #2
Hmmm shouldn't the Master System Light gun work when using the Master System Power Base Converter? What game were you testing it with?
Posted:
Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:33 pm
quote : #3
Master System light gun games
I only owned the first 2 here
Rescue Mission - picture being in a helicopter (or a mountain) taking shots at enemy troops trying to kill a defenseless soldier strange but different
Safari Hunt - going on a expedition and killing as many animals that come across the screen.
Rambo III (not to be confused with the Genesis version)
Gangster Town

can't verify but I think these may have used the gun also
Global Defense it may have been 3D also still not sure if that used a light phaser.
Missile Defense 3D

As for the compatibility the Sega Master and Genesis used the same pin connection for the controllers I even was able to plug in a atari 2600 trakball controller in my SMS (could'nt get it to do anything though)[/list]
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:28 pm
quote : #4
Type: Pal
I am sure I had a 3 in 1 Master system cart. It had Safari hunt on it and also a Clay pigeon shooting game and a Target practice type game. I really liked the target practice game it was just like the police target range where the cut outs pop out all over the place.

Laters
Posted:
Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:38 pm
quote : #5
Oh nice, yea target range stuff with the popout cutouts are always fun.
Posted:
Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:19 pm
quote : #6
so far the only gun game that i have is safari hunt Sad . i actually have 2 copies of hang on/safari hunt. one is a cartridge and the other is built into the console. i found this site a while back when i was researching the light phaser. it has some good information and a few pictures of rare light phasers. also they show the games that came out for the system.
Posted:
Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:35 am
quote : #7
Type: Pal
gary_b wrote:
so far the only gun game that i have is safari hunt Sad . i actually have 2 copies of hang on/safari hunt. one is a cartridge and the other is built into the console. i found this site a while back when i was researching the light phaser. it has some good information and a few pictures of rare light phasers. also they show the games that came out for the system.

On the picture of the games it shows top left Marksman shooting and Trap shooting. I am sure those are the Clay pigeon and Target range games I mentioned. I am sure though I had them on one cart with Safari hunt as well. I had the Top Master system package the one that came with Gun and 3d Glasses and also that cart and hang on. Oddly I dont think you got a 3d Glasses game and I bought 3d Space harrier separately.

Laters