Page 1 of 1
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:58 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
If I were to use an LCD projector with a Dreamcast will it make any difference what output type I use from the DC? The Projector will support VGA or the standard yellow white red connections but I am unsure if they will make any difference to the image the projector outputs.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:38 am
quote : #2
Yes it does a huge difference.
Posted:
Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:24 am
quote : #3
Type: Pal
Then I shall disconnect my VGA box from the TV where it is hanging unused. Finding sound output for the projector or other source might be interesting, may have to be headphones into the VGA box. I already tried the projector last night with another console and was impressed with the picture and that was not on VGA. May even have to pop round the parents and borrow Dads old cine projector screen Mr. Green

Laters
Posted:
Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:17 pm
quote : #4
To be honest, even stepping up to s-video on an LCD projector makes a huge difference over the yellow composite input (even more so than on regular TVs, since every pixel is that much bigger). Of course, if you have a VGA box then it'll look even more ridiculously clear, and you'd be insane not to use it.

I'd like to point out that a Dreamcast hooked up via s-video to an LCD projector still does look great, and the full setup is pretty suitcase-portable. Four-player Chu-Chu Rocket on this hotel lobby wall, anyone?