Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Previous  1, 2
Tappro
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:23 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
been awhile since i have been on here but just wanted to let ya guys know that this game is up for download since lastnite at the ussual place for getting them, not gonna
say where but it basically same place we get all the unreleased dc games. Smile
Posted:
Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:02 pm
quote : #17
well that doesnt help much, i dont think its against forum rules to mention where it can be found, we talk about bittorrent here quite a lot and always talk about new games, official or unofficial, we always discuss propeller arena and halflife, heck we even have a section dedicated to an unreleased online game. so unless im well outta line you can tell us where it is as i have no idea where this usual place is that we get them from.
Posted:
Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:43 pm
quote : #18
well reason i cant tell about this place is because there are alott of other dreamcast games there for download, but if you really wanna know pm me and ill point ya in right direction. actually ill pm you now, but anyone else interested gimme a pm and ill give ya a link to where it is, btw it is a torrent file.
Posted:
Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:24 pm
quote : #19
well if someone really wants that promo GD-ROM even if its a crappy game, then it's pretty obvious he's buying it because of the potential collectible value as well as the rarity of the thing. I'm not so sure if he's really going to load it on his DC (maybe once, just to really test it).

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Wed May 12, 2010 7:25 pm
quote : #20
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yabba dabba don't play this game! Laughing

I made the unfortunate mistake of burning this 'game' on to a CD-R. What awaited me was one of the most laughably outright poor games I have played in quite some time.

The frame rate was an absolute disaster in an actual race with 3 other cars. The game was only barely playable when it was just me on the screen. Even then, when I'd approach a scene with a lot of geometry on screen, the frame rate was so inconsistent that my steering would be screwed up whenever geometry was off-screen. Don't even get me started with the PS1 level texture quality and ridiculous fogging.

Another real issue with this game was the actual handling of the cars. There is no penalty at all for driving (running?) in the grass or rock, so feel free to go off-road to cut corners if you so desire. I also felt like the car was pivoting on a single point instead of four wheels. I only raced with Wilma, so maybe Fred or Barney handle differently. Maybe somebody else can figure it out, because there is no way I am keeping this junior college level piece of coding around.

MasquedWarrior
rank 9
Posted:
Sun May 16, 2010 6:06 am
quote : #21
The game is a prototype that was not meant to be released, most likely because it wasn't finished. I think the framerate would probably have been better on the final product, had the game ever been released for the Dreamcast. (Not sure about the control, though.)

Then again, there was a final product, but it was released for the Playstation 2 and Gamecube, in Europe only. Does anyone want to buy either of those versions, to see if they are better than the Dreamcast prototype?
rank 8
Posted:
Sun May 23, 2010 4:41 pm
quote : #22
THis is not a prototype but the game was finished, the game is not a beta but is a white label disc, so meant to be sent to journalists etc..
If you play the retail version on Playstation 2, you'll have the same feeling, a very crap game i proudly own Very Happy

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Mon May 24, 2010 5:14 am
quote : #23
the game was finished, only not brought out; all white label disks contain final versions of the games, as how they're were gonna be released.

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
MasquedWarrior
rank 9
Posted:
Mon May 24, 2010 7:25 am
quote : #24
So the game would have been released in this condition had it not been canceled? Wow, that's horrible.

If you think the framerate is bad when playing the single-player, try the game's split-screen mode!
rank 87
Posted:
Mon May 24, 2010 9:25 am
quote : #25
The game wouldn't be released in its current condition... it is why the game was canceled and thrown under a bus by publishers. Wink

Its just interesting how, if this was a final release build, that the developers of the game actually though this garbage would cut the mustard as a legitimate game release. It just goes to show you how low some developer's standards are.
Posted:
Tue May 25, 2010 3:53 am
quote : #26
well it must have been a crappy game since 'playing this game' was on Mytho's backburner for FIVE YEARS.