Page Location: Home > Support > PC-DC Server > Topic
erb365
rank 9
Posted:
Fri May 28, 2010 11:08 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hello i had many problems with getting online in the past with max pool,4x4 and starlancer and i still do but today i sorta got a little further.
ok so my im using a pc-dc server witch is working perfectly with pso,quake 3 and web browser

but if i try 4x4 it connects but it wont connect to the master server it says connected then it tryes to connect to : master3.4x4evolution.com then it goes to master4.4x4evolution.com then master5.4x4evolution.com and then it goes back to 3 thats if i put 192.168.55.1 in dns1 if i put 0.0.0.0 it simply says i can't chat and im only on local or something and i can create matches but i can't see or join any. nor see any one

with starlancer if i put 192.168.55.1 it tryes to connect to game spy then frezzes just like if you put a dns entry in quake3 but if i put 0.0.0.0 it actualy connects then it says connecting to game spy then it says unable to connect to game spy

with max pool (with correct vmu files) if i put 192.168.55.1 it says connection succesfull! then it frezz if i put 0.0.0.0 it connects,gets to the server screen , then their is no server in the list

now correct me if im wrong but i think im having a dns issue here..
maybe you guys have delt with this b4 and can help me?

sorry i know i have posted this many times but i have made progress and this is the last post of this subject
i actualy had all the games working with juno once but now juno wont work... anyways thx for you time

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Fri May 28, 2010 11:13 pm
quote : #2
Instead of using the gateway address (192.168.55.1) the server is assigned, have you tried its local network address (if it's on a network - or is it connected directly to your cable / dsl modem?).

erb365
rank 9
Posted:
Fri May 28, 2010 11:25 pm
quote : #3
Yes the pc witch is hosting's ip is 192.168.2.20 so i tryed that insted of 192.168.55.1 and it did not do a difference

its connected to a router

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Fri May 28, 2010 11:50 pm
quote : #4
Do you have all ports in WinRoute forwarded to the Dreamcast? Since the PC is acting pass-through, it should be OK to put your 98 machine's address in your router's DMZ area so you don't have to worry about forwarding specific ports / port ranges there.

jjc5150
rank 11
Posted:
Sat May 29, 2010 7:26 am
quote : #5
Ive also had this same problem for quite some time now, and ive gotten to the point where i just gave up on it and dont play these games online this way (pc/dc server). The only way it ever worked for me is if I plugged the pc directly into the modem, rebooted everything and then connected.

The only tip that I can give is that when you go into your router and make changes, etc, after you make the changes and save them you should power down (remove power) on all your equipment for up to a minute then turn it back on and reboot everything. In many cases this is the only way the changes actually take place.

Try out the DMZ thing and please let us know if it worked for you. I can try to help you out by testing some more on my setup - but i wont be able to do that until probably next week - as I dont have the time right now, and none of that equipment is set up at the moment.
Jabber ID: JJC5150@jabber.org
MasquedWarrior
rank 9
Posted:
Sat May 29, 2010 10:46 am
quote : #6
In order to successfully contact the master list, port 80 must be forwarded to the Dreamcast's IP address. This thread contains more info, including more ports: http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5830&highlight=port
rank 9
Posted:
Sat May 29, 2010 2:22 pm
quote : #7
well im out of luck i have tryed everything you guys said like DMz wont work, port fowarding 80 and all the other porst wont work it all does the same thing as it did b4 also tryed rebooting idk maybe its my isp..

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sat May 29, 2010 3:50 pm
quote : #8
With Maximum pool, it's going to be a port issue. No DNS resolution is needed because the save contains IP addresses that go directly to the server.

erb365
rank 9
Posted:
Sat May 29, 2010 4:03 pm
quote : #9
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
With Maximum pool, it's going to be a port issue. No DNS resolution is needed because the save contains IP addresses that go directly to the server.
but maximum pool the ports are unknow right? how am i suppose to open them?

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sat May 29, 2010 4:32 pm
quote : #10
Knowing them isn't needed when all of the ports are forwarded. You just have to set WinRoute to forward every port to 192.168.55.2 (that should be the address Windows' RAS server assigns to the Dreamcast) and your router to put your PC / DC server in the DMZ zone. Make sure you assign the PC / DC server a static address so when you restart, you don't have to edit the DMZ entry again.

If that's all configured correctly and you can't connect, there's a bigger problem.

erb365
rank 9
Posted:
Sat May 29, 2010 5:31 pm
quote : #11
yep i gave it another shot with dmz and still not working Sad

MasquedWarrior
rank 9
Posted:
Sun May 30, 2010 6:20 am
quote : #12
Just so we know you're doing this correctly, check the Windows 98 machine's IP address. Click Start, then click run. Into the box, type: winipcfg, then press ENTER. In the window that opens up, select the network adapter you use to connect to the LAN, (NOT a PPP adapter,) see what its IP address is. That's the address you're supposed to enter as the DMZ host address at your router.

EDIT: Also, if Bell is your ISP, your DSL modem might be a router. Look at this guide: http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3547 Is that the problem?
rank 9
Posted:
Sun May 30, 2010 12:14 pm
quote : #13
like you said my modem is a router at a same time but i can forward ports normaly and dmz. i checked winipcg and the ip is the same as in the router