Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:33 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
A couple of years ago when gamestation was bought out by GAME I thought that they phased out all their "retro" gaming gear and only sold current gen stuff. This was certainly the case for the gamestation back home. But today I was in Oxford city centre and dropped into the gamestation there. I was pleasantly suprised to find that they still had DC and other older console games out on the shelves. They had Shenmue II in for £20 and Unreal Tournament for a fiver so I'm going to go back tommorow and purchase them.

Does anyone else have a gamestation near them that stocks DC games/consoles?
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Saturn
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:53 am
quote : #2
Nah, my Gamestation is full of idiots which one day i vill kill zem in ze night!
PSO: Saturn

Selling my Dreamcast Broadband Adapter, contact me via private message if you are interested
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:19 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Saturn wrote:
one day i vill kill zem in ze night!
Laughing Laughing im sure many of us have had evil thoughts about game store clerks. most of the time they are morons Mad

sorry lozz i we don't have gamestations over here.
Posted:
Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:43 pm
quote : #4
whats a gamestation?

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:00 pm
quote : #5
fattony wrote:
whats a gamestation?

It's a chain of shops in the UK that sell computer/video games.

They don't sell "retro" games any more sadly. You're best bet is to try some independent retailer.
rank 43
Posted:
Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:56 pm
quote : #6
Type: Pal
I dont get round to them that often as there are none locally but when I have seen them they do still have older gen stuff.

Last time I went to a Gamestation I bought a Dreamcast keyboard and I also recall they had about 20 games Including some rare ones. No bargins though all priced quite highly.

I am finding the place for bargins is Cash generator. They dont check the value of older gen stuff when they take it in. They will only pay a set measly amount for games on certain consoles. Ive picked up a few games for a pound that are worth considerably more than that.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:16 am
quote : #7
Yeh pawn shops are quite good. I remember going into a cash convertor shop last year and getting 3 games and a light gun for under a tenner.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:14 am
quote : #8
Sadly that's about how it is over here in the USA too.

I've been only seeing Dreamcast items in pawns shops. Places like Gamestop stopped carrying Dreamcast things years ago.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:22 pm
quote : #9
Type: Pal
gRimGrAvY014 wrote:
Sadly that's about how it is over here in the USA too.

I've been only seeing Dreamcast items in pawns shops. Places like Gamestop stopped carrying Dreamcast things years ago.

Its not all bad!

Ive picked up Sonic 2 and PSO ver 1 for 50p each both when there total value is over £20 easily. At a car boot I have bought a DC console only for 99p and DC with about 7 games and all leads for £5. The last ones not a great deal when you consider Ebay prices but then I dint pay P&P Very Happy Having Console items of any kind in places that dont know there value is by no means a bad thing! Trust me on that one Wink

Laters
Posted:
Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:13 pm
quote : #10
Ah, i found a great deal in a cash converter shop in my hometown a couple of months back. Went in and they had a box of 40 or so Dreamcast games, some terrible (ECW Hardcore, WWF Attitude, that kind of thing), some games i already had (Shenmue, Conflict Zone), and about 5 games i'd always wanted but never got round to getting. They were all labled at £2 to £15 each, so i was carefully picking out the best ones when the guy comes along to me and says "if you take the whole box you can have it for 50p per item".

I have never been so happy in my life Very Happy got ~40 games, 3 keyboards, 2 controllers, 2 VM's, a lightgun and a rumble pack for £25.00.

That, by the way, was the most difficulty I have ever had explaining a purchase to my girlfriend at the time! She did put up with a lot... Very Happy

Jaesonx5
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:37 am
quote : #11
Out here on the U.S. West coast I haven't heard of Gamestation but generally I can only find D.C.s at used video game stores where they "only know the games are on the wall", but I've found quite a few good deals on EBAY and also that there are rating systems for the D.C.s you can find there!
davesanti
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:05 pm
quote : #12
It seems like alot of big chian video game stores don't sell retro anything anymore, its the same thing with Gamestop here in the US.
Posted:
Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:41 am
quote : #13
There was a Game Station in my area. Not the same company, same name, one store, went out of business...management issues. Apparent arbitrary pricing system.