Topic: Q3A higher payer limit?

Page 2 of 2
xl2k5
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:06 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Yes, I know that to do it myself I would have to learn how to make Code Breaker cheats, but right now I have 2 other more "important" projects and not enough free time. I might do that in like 1 year minimum after I complete my other bigger projects. The whole point in this thread is that if anyone here already knows how to make code breaker cheats, that person could try it as I'm like 90% sure (and already explained why many times) it will work. The main problem is that it would take lot of time to find the right address as there must be so many "4" values in the system's RAM and testing it will take lot of time unless it can be done real-time while the game is running using an emulator or something.
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:41 pm
quote : #17
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I read some of this the read fully and then skim-read through the rest.

In *my opinion*, at *one point* while the game was in development, there probably was a relatively easy way to change the player limit, for testing purposes, whether it is still easy is beyond me.

xl2k5, if you wanted to test this further, you should browse through the PC Quake 3 Arena Source code, here is a link to the directory it is in at id software's ftp server.

ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/source/

You should see how everything was done on the pc side, it should help you understand Quake 3's, for lack of a better word, "architecture". Then go on from there.