Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
everynewday84
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:56 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I just connected with my new ISP and it logs in ok, and then when it scans the Internet there is a pause untill it finally says 'no response from master server'. I tried manually entering an OC server address, but nothing. Help?

Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:21 pm
quote : #2
do yo have the US version of Q3A?

Also, are you able to connect just fine with planet web or dreamkey?
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:35 pm
quote : #3
Yes, I do have the NTSC-U version. I've been able to get online before using the same DC, BBA, and game. Just at a different location, with a different ISP. I just got comcast today, it will go through the 'logging in' steps, and says I am 'connected' but when it is 'scanning the internet' it just pauses for a moment and finally says either (it has came up saying both) 'unable to connect to master server' or 'no servers found'.
Like I said, I was online with the same dc. That was just a week ago. That was with AT&T, at a different location. Would I need to do anything different now that I'm trying to log in with comcast? The comcast connection does work, I tested it with my laptop and quake live and it worked fine, just not with my dc... Crying or Very sad

Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:54 pm
quote : #4
Sounds like it might be your router settings if you are using one. Check to see if your dreamcast's ip shows up in the router page. Also, you might need to open some ports for Q3A

27960-27969
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:50 pm
quote : #5
I am so network illiterate; I don't know how to do either of those things. I'm guessing that you are right and that it is the settings, I just have no idea how to begin troubleshooting this.

-Drez01-
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:09 pm
quote : #6
You connected so that is a good sign. You do not need to open any ports unless you are hosting a server. I have had that same problem before, no idea what causes it. Just try to reconnect another time. I would suggest connecting to the internet with a dreamcast web browser 1st before trying q3 again.

everynewday84
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:50 pm
quote : #7
Thanks for the replies and suggestions fellas. I tried to connect to the servers a few hours later with no luck. I was able to 'connect' again, but keep getting the same messages: No servers found, or, No response from master server.
I'd humor you, and try getting online with another disc, but QIIIA is all I've got (I've got two copies and tried them both). Any other ideas or suggestions?

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:46 pm
quote : #8
Do you have a router? If so, take the ethernet cord going from the modem to the router and unplug the cord at the router. Take that end of the cord and plug it into your BBA. Once you do that, unplug the AC adapter going to the modem, wait 15-30 seconds, then plug it back in. Try logging back into Q3 while directly connected to the modem and see if that works.

everynewday84
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:50 pm
quote : #9
I have tried connecting directly into the modem, and also into the router, with no luck. Fragging Friday is already in progress, and I'm missing out yet again. Next time...

everynewday84
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:41 pm
quote : #10
It was the router settings. I had a friend help me set it up a little differently. Wierd how it wouldn't Work when connected directly to the modem...
Anyway I and, a couple others, are on the servers now. Y'all are welcome to join us. Thanks again for the help.