Topic: Outtrigger

Page 1 of 1
shrap
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:36 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
wow been a long time. was just geeking on nostalgia when i remembered my favorite part of this game was watching as a couple of people duked it out over a coin just so i could kill them both with a rocket and swoop in to collect all three. now that was the best.
Posted:
Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:43 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
it sure was my experience with the game was that it you were better off 1 vs 3 because you did'nt have to worry about being 'careful' what weapon to use on the other the guys on the same team had to check their target or give their team a major deduction.
in the right arena the coins could be used as 'bait'.
Soniku
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:15 am
quote : #3
Ah, rocket launchers as primary weapons in close-quarters, weaving through a web of destruction to pick up those coveted coins, health packs and weapon upgrades, training to kill terrorists in various, hilarious situations and mission locales. This world of high-speed action in a beautiful setting of simplicity, great music, sound and endless deathmatch entertainment. An unforgettable joy.

Reminiscing is making my hands sweat.
*Reaches for Dreamcast*
Oh, man, I was supposed to go to bed an hour ago...
Posted:
Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:24 pm
quote : #4
I had not heard of this game untill recently, so I wanted to check it out and I managed to find a copy on eBay .12 + 2.00 shipping. That's right, I found this game for $2.12, shipped (god, I love DC). I'll just say that the game looks and plays great, and it's distinct from any other fps game I've ever gotten to play. It has this arcade feel to the gameplay, which is not at all typical for games of the genre. It's a good game, I'm not sure how I never heard of this back when I loved my DC more than I loved my girlfriends Mr. Green ...

I recommend giving outtrigger a look if you already havn't, although it's really more of a multiplayer game (much like QIIIA and UT) than anything else. You might be let down if you only try single player mode; I was able to beat the single player campaign, on all difficulties, in about an hour. And there's no real replay value to the single player mode, but the multiplayer feature, like it's counterparts, has a virtually endless replay value. I can only imagine how sweet the online functionalities were back in the days...

It's also worth noting that this game is graphically better than both QIIIA and UT, perhaps even better framerates too (it never slows down when gameplay gets intense).

alienfrontoffline
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:51 pm
quote : #5
I played this back in the day. Even logged onto the japanese servers to play against them, which was fun although laggy. It was a great game, but I traded it in for UT because it had a larger player base. Still kinda regret that. My dad bought it for me as a birthday present.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:51 pm
quote : #6
everynewday84 wrote:
It has this arcade feel to the gameplay, which is not at all typical for games of the genre.

Thats because Outtrigger was developed by SegaAM2: Japanese developers who know how to make quality arcade games (Virtua Fighter 3, Fighting Vipers 2, F355 Challenge, 18 Wheeler Pro Trucker, Virtua Cop 2, etc).

everynewday84 wrote:
It's also worth noting that this game is graphically better than both QIIIA and UT, perhaps even better framerates too (it never slows down when gameplay gets intense).

Outtrigger runs at a constant 60fps Wink Just like most AM2 games.
Posted:
Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:19 am
quote : #7
Oh, it also looks stunning when using a VGA Adapter (everyone uses one, right? probably just preaching to the choir...)
Posted:
Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:29 pm
quote : #8
Some splitscreen outtrigger multiplayer posted here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZB5hJMo7Ts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDBz_zZne0s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft1JpW_onUQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RhI-wl72O0

Been a while since I have seen some good matches played Very Happy