Page 1 of 1
Bloodflow
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:10 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Can anyone tell me what emulators work best on DC? I wanted to play my Sega Saturn version of Resident Evil and therefore have the first four games in the series on DC. Yabause seems to be really glitchy. I gave up on bleem when I found out about the compatability and the fact that you cannot save. What systems can I expect to work well?

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:24 pm
quote : #2
Emulators I've used:
Genesis/Megadrive - GENS
Master System - SMS Plus
NES - NesterDC
SNES - DreamSNES

Opinions
NES has the best compatibility and playability in my experience. Genesis and Master System were very good. SNES is a mixed bag because quite a few games, although playable, do not run at full speed.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:24 pm
quote : #3
16 bit and lower emulators seem to work well. once you get into the 32 bit ones other than the official bleem discs they run crumby. i agree with segarpgfan on DreamSNES. some games are fine but others suffer from slow down.
Posted:
Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:34 am
quote : #4
NesterDC SE is the only thing worth putting in your DC unless you are an enthusiast with emulation. SMSplus is good too, but you wont find anything that doesn't leave you missing the original hardware.
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:27 pm
quote : #5
I have an Atari 7800 disk that due to me not understanding how to use it has sat unused. I recently got it working but the games run slow. I might just have some settings wrong. Otherwise I really like it and it was nice playing original Donkey Kong and Ms. Pac-Man. Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I will try all of these, and probably some Game Boy emulators too. How would I go about burning my rom collection and emulator to a self boot disk? Do I need to create an ISO? I generally use Alcohol 120% but I also have nero.

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:27 pm
quote : #6
Type: PAL
The AES4all and NEO4all releases are fantasitic. Full speed Neo Geo and Neo Geo CD emulation.
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:04 pm
quote : #7
i agree mcmonkey , it is pretty fun to play some NeoGeo games. the metal slugs are good fun for a few hours when im in the mood for arcade style gaming. tons of fighters too.
Posted:
Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:33 am
quote : #8
Unfortunately its nowhere near fullspeed. And even when it approaches being fullspeed, the speed is far from accurate. It's fun if you've never played these games. But if you own a neo geo, you'll have a hard time enjoying neo geo games like this.