Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
Previous  1, 2
mauro2029
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:57 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Yeah man... I wish I could have played this, I'm a huge Daytona fan...

I remember trying back in the day trying to connect to the Japanese servers to no avail, I think I missed the playing window by just a couple of months... shame really.

I recently got my hands on the US version of the game and tried to connect, but it asked for some file from my VMU, what's that about?

Also I thought I read on some forum that with the Japanese version and with a link cable (and some hidden way) you can play... not sure if it was just 1 vs 1... or also a 2 vs 2 player game.... is that possible, or was that just a lot of hogwash?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:59 am
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
mauro2029 wrote:
I recently got my hands on the US version of the game and tried to connect, but it asked for some file from my VMU, what's that about?

To play online you had to first acquire a license key file. This file included your user login information.

mauro2029 wrote:
Also I thought I read on some forum that with the Japanese version and with a link cable (and some hidden way) you can play... not sure if it was just 1 vs 1... or also a 2 vs 2 player game.... is that possible, or was that just a lot of hogwash?

Hogwash Wink This was from misinformation propagated by the Dragoncast VS Cable packaging. The game supports no known VS Cable capabilities.
Posted:
Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:56 pm
quote : #18
I got it when it came out and used to play it online all the time. I'd go on late at night and play against Japanese gamers and my god were they unbeatable. I remember this one kid was doing laps around the rest of us lol.

Great game while it lasted.

CathyPSO
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:59 am
quote : #19
Unfortunately I'm among the ranks of those that never had the chance to play online... Out of all the games that are offline, this and JGR are the two games I wish had full online functionality still.

alienfrontoffline
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:57 pm
quote : #20
I played it online, and I thought it was horrible. I rented it from Blockbuster I think, and the online play was just too glitchy and laggy to have any fun. Also, the controls were, and still are horrible in my opinion. One of the worst racing games I've ever played actually.