rank 5
Posted:
Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:47 pm
quote : #226
profile : pm
kingofgrills wrote:
Mr.INSANE wrote:
kingofgrills wrote:
HL for PS2 was developed prior to the PS2 being online, so the only multiplayer action comes from an exclusive 2 person co-op mode or 2 player splitscreen deathmatch. Why they made the deathmatch mode for only 2 players instead of 4 is beyond me. Valve began development on the DC version, and then started developing the PS2 version concurrently. They felt each version should have exclusive content - Blue Shift for the Dreamcast and Decay (co-op) for the PS2. The Dreamcast definitely got the better deal with Blue Shift, because Decay is pretty weak.

The PS2 and Dreamcast versions look virtually identical though, and their load times are pretty much the same too. They also look better than the original PC version.

Ps2 version had some other enhancments like redone models aswell

Actually, the redone models are in both the Dreamcast and PS2 versions. I own both versions, and I've played both to compare the two. The models are pretty much identical. The Dreamcast version looks a bit cleaner though.

Really? i thought te snark model was differnt in the ps2 version

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:06 pm
quote : #227
There are quite a few files on the half life dc version's cd. Has anyone else noticed that there are actual saves for levels on it, as well as the usual maps and textures? There could possibly be network code in there as well, but its a ll goblledie gook to me.
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:29 pm
quote : #228
Type: NTSC-U/C
Morph wrote:

This info I have posted I believe is worthy of a double post. Since my other topic about the Half Life GINSU is gone.

The person who said he was working on it, _2_, has gotten the DC to recognize the PC server. He is still stuck at getting it to connect though.

However, this means that the online code is working, and not an island, as we had feared. This means, that given the right equipment, getting Half-Life Online is now 100% possible.

Do you know how he got the DC to recognize the PC server? This is interests me greatly. And could be a great help to some of my projects.