Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
lolJugalo
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:18 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
First things first, do I know anyone here? Or does anyone here remember me?

Bomberman Online is in my opinion the best Bomberman game in its franchise. Even the PCBMO failed in comparison. DC BMO is 3D cell-shaded with beautiful graphics and some really awesome game-play. The part that I loved the most about BMO was that it wasn't very technical at all. All you needed was a D-PAD (or Analog stick) and the A (sometimes B) button. So the true test of talent wasn't who knew the map the best or controlled the best power ups, it was who was smarter than the other.

What most people don't know because they never played online, is that there was one map that was so much more fun than any of the other maps available in the game. The map I'm speaking of was called FULL FIRE and it only had one explode-able block in it (so as to get the Mr. Nakamoto Panel).

----- FULL FIRE MODE -----

If I remember correctly, FULL FIRE started everyone off with the same amount of bombs, skates and firepower. This way as soon as the 3-2-1 timer hit 0 the screen would erupt in a frenzy of explosions. I want to say it was something like 3 Bombs, 3 Skates and 4 Firepowers (Please correct me if I'm wrong). This was the best map in the game (online or offline) and the BMO Vets really enjoyed this map the most because it was 100% skill and 0% luck. The only map comparable to FULL FIRE is the offline map thats way too nuts to play on a competitive level (the one with the rainbow background, no blocks). I really wish to play this game online again just so I can play this FULL FIRE map again.

Since the day this game was released, I was hooked to its online play. The lag was barely noticeable (except when playing against BR's) even on my 26k (sometimes 22k) dial up connection.

My BMO Avatar was a Grey Elephant with the Mr.Nakamoto gundam type armor and the Ronin pants. I took a screenshot of my avatar with a digital camera during the victory celebration at the end of the match. To my knowledge, it is one of few surviving screen shots of actual online play. I have some videos somewhere, someplace, on some floppy discs that I may or may not ever look at again. I will upload the videos to youtube if I ever get around to installing a floppy drive and thumbing through my thousands of discs.

I would like to also offer a quick shout out to my boys from BMO, the guys who used to play with me day and night, and helped me to become the self-proclaimed 6th Online Boss!

-LoL!DarkNatas
-SnowWhite
-Wes44
-Ridstar
-ShadowAR
-MetalGeAR
-LoL!UFF
-Battousai
-TupacOR
-SatanAR
-PyroAR
-B0SSH0G
-Raven8
-Gohan
-Drunky
-burtcalc

(TOO MANY TO LIST!!!)

My cheesy LoL! clan site is still up for any who care to look at it. It isnt nothing spectacular, but is still fun to look at for nostalgic purposes.
www.bomberman.i8.com

-LoL!JuGaLo

PS. If you loved this game, or played online, please stop by the GameFaqs messageboard and say hi to the guys!
Dreamcast's #1 Bomberman!

www.bomberman.i8.com
Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:32 am
quote : #2
wow, not everyday you run into a former DC BMO clan member. I almost feel like you should be put in a museum!

Totally jealous of anyone who got to play this online.
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:12 pm
quote : #3
Type: Pal
Hey Jugalo, Burtcalc here Mr. Green I think I also went by the name of Blast(ST) When I joined Raven and Gohan in the Storm tornadoes clan Laughing

Good to see you posting. Bomberman online is and was awesome Cool Ive tried the others and they are not the same Sad Sadly Hudson seem hell bent on never providing us with FF mode ever again. Makes you wonder why do they not study the server logs and see where people played and what was popular? Loved FF but I did like to venture to the other maps as well. My second fave was probably that map where there was only one square through in the middle and everyone started in their own little area. If you could get to that one square in the middle before anyone else you could let the others fight and keep bombing that square to cage them in Twisted Evil

My fave BMO memory is being in an 8 player FF match (you may even have been in it) and I did my Kamikaze run at the start Laughing This was Bomb the square I started on, the middle square next to the Mr Nakamoto block and then the square at the far side of the screen (three bombs in a straight line) I would run down under the first block. This would often lead to mine and many other deaths as it had no defense to it really. However on this one occasion with all 8 players in everyones bombs went off and my square was the only square on the board not to get a flame Shocked 7 people dead in about 6 seconds and me on the trophy screen celebrating Laughing Think it was the only round I won that game Rolling Eyes Only time it happened to me and I never saw it happen in any other game I played so quite chuffed with that Smile

Quite simply you have to get those videos online share them with me or with the site owner here Lordnikon. There is no recorded footage of BMO being played in existance anywhere to my knowledge. Stuff like this is invaluable to the community Very Happy So plese do provide them for us. I did take some Pics with a Dreameye camera. I cant find them all right now but I know (hope) Lordnikon still has them Smile This is the only one I could find.

Thats me Raven possible Gohan and Trey. I remember Trey very Briefly. Gohan has an account here not sure about Raven but certain he is traceable vfa Gohan. Must go mate been typing too long as it is Laughing

Laters
Posted:
Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:18 pm
quote : #4
hahahaha hey burt! Long time no see man! I must admit, its a breath of fresh air to see a familiar face around here.

I wish I could speak to Hudson face to face, because I would say something like, "Man, Hudson, You used to be cool!"

hahahahahahhaha

Oh well, I guess thats life.

www.bomberman.i8.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:52 pm
quote : #5
Type: Pal
Yeh sadly the existence of Bomberman in its many forms will prevent us from ever getting a port of DC BMO Sad

Have a good one dude, and share those videos! Mr. Green

Laters
Posted:
Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:07 pm
quote : #6
Blast I have all of your images archived. I can email them back to you in a zip file if you want them.

lolJugalo, if you do have video footage of online play, it would be great if you could send me what you have. I have been compiling images and footage of the online process for any dc online game over the years, and am planning to release it all to the public in some form down the road to coincide with a project I have been working on for quite some time.
Posted:
Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:33 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U
There he is!! lolJugalo, Ridstar here I've had to recreate a new account because I forgot my old info. I am one of the lucky few to have the opportunity to play the best Bomberman known to date Online! I truly miss this game I've met so many cool people over the years of playing.

The community for this game was just grand when the game servers were down and only the lobby servers were up and you have people just hanging out just have conversations about anything random that's something, mind you it was like this for a couple of weeks.

Fun times with this game it will be forever missed and yes Jugalo if you can find footage that will be something to see ^^'

PS: Sorry Jugalo I couldn't step out with you when you were in town let me know when you touch down again

~BMO brothers forever.

lolJugalo
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:13 pm
quote : #8
@lordnikon - I promise you'll be the first person I send the videos to when I find them. The problem is that I have thousands of floppies and no floppy drive to read them! So I cant start the search until I get the proper hardware. But its been 10 years in a closet somewhere, they will still be there 10 years from now.

@Ridstar - BMO BROTHERS!! hahahaha Yeah man its all good, you live in a place I frequent quite often. The problem is I never know when a spontaneous trip is going to happen. But yeah, the actual game aside, one thing that BMO gave me was a handful of real life friends. It was 10 years ago I first blew you up, and here I am still blowin' up your phone line when I roll into town. BMO truly was the best. And as you said, the community was indeed the best part. Everyone cooperated on my tournaments too, which was amazing. Everyone went and made Gamefaqs accounts so that they could sign up and check results. My tournaments were always so much fun, even if I never did win the 2v2 team event. haha! Rid, remember hunting that stupid crown panel with me? I'll never forget the hours we spent finding that thing, just to find out it wasn't going to save to our VMU's. lol

www.bomberman.i8.com