1, 2  Next
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sun May 15, 2011 8:04 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
So NG:DEV-TEAM are developing a new game called "Gun Lord", the teaser site is here: http://www.gun-lord.com/ . I'm not that impressed by the screenshots so far, the colour scheme seems pretty grim to me, but its gameplay could turn out to be fantastic - if they can follow up on the quality of Fast Striker I would be pleased.

I love that NG:DEV-TEAM are willing to produce games for dreamcast, its just a shame that they are all Neo-Geo ports. Games which are produced purely for the DC use (to a point) its full potential. So what are your guys thoughts, think you will be buying this one?
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I've written a bit on this already, and I'm still very excited for this. I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy the turrican style gameplay, but the art direction is really appealing to me. The cryptic sci-fi atmosphere is always something that gives me goosebumps.

One misconception would be that the game might look more impressive as a native Dreamcast release. I would only buy that argument if we're talking about a 3D rendered game. Many of the Dreamcast ports of Neo Geo games are infact inferior since the Dreamcast cannot compete with the expandable ram of the Neo Geo. Animations and sounds are dropped, and annoying loading times are introduced. The Neo Geo is probably one of the most powerful 2D machine ever made. If they made a game just for Dreamcast, it wouldn't be an enhanced version of what they would do for Neo Geo, it would be a totally different game.

And yes I will be buying this on DC since I can't afford the Neo version.
rank 1
Posted:
Mon May 16, 2011 11:09 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-J
NG: Dev Team's games are a nice effort, but I did not like Last Hope. But then, I've shunned all these unofficial DC 'new' releases after the official ones died out in 2007.

bomb78
rank 8
Posted:
Mon May 16, 2011 11:23 am
quote : #4
Honnestly i'm not expecting anything from this game, the game seems to have been developped on Megadrive...look at the colors..
Fed up with ng-team, i expect more, look what Duranik is preparing, no comparison !

Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Mon May 16, 2011 9:31 pm
quote : #5
bomb78 wrote:
the game seems to have been developped on Megadrive...look at the colors..

I can't disagree with you given the screens we've seen so far, but for many of us, having a megadrive look to a game is a very good thing.
rank 27
Posted:
Tue May 17, 2011 12:47 am
quote : #6
bomb78 wrote:

Fed up with ng-team, i expect more, look what Duranik is preparing, no comparison !

true that, on the other hand, gun lord hasn't been in the making for 6 years Mr. Green

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue May 17, 2011 12:18 pm
quote : #7
I think this background image at the Gun-Lord website looks amazing:

Posted:
Tue May 17, 2011 11:41 pm
quote : #8
takes me back to the days of amazingly designed cover art for a video game that looks completely different :p

He looks like an insanely powerful demon with space armour about to summon some kind of incredible screen filling hell flame attack
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:17 pm
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U
I want to be excited for this game as I've been wanting a platformer after all the DC shmups, but I don't like Turrican that much. I had issues with the camera and weird damage mechanic, but if Gun Lord doesn't have similar problems I might love it.

I have to say that I don't understand the comparisons to a Genesis/Mega Drive title. The sprites are large and vivid like I would expect a Neo Geo game to have. The only complaint I have is that the backgrounds seem rather dull and empty, but these are from the alpha, so improvement is likely.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:05 pm
quote : #10
abeaver, I think you are reacting to the backgrounds because they are all so similar in each screenshot. The backgrounds are clouds with gray/white/black, and the foregrounds are muted cobblestone environments, with patches of color coming from green or pink foliage.

Who knows, maybe they are all from the same level.... but all of the Fast Striker backgrounds looked pretty similar.

They seem to really favor colored objects in the foreground with gray muted backgrounds.
Posted:
Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:35 pm
quote : #11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HohDEQpIRMw&feature=player_embedded

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:58 pm
quote : #12
I see this being popular with our Amiga enthusiast friends across the pond, but it doesn't do much for me unfortunately. Not twitch enough to be a run 'n gun, not moody enough to be a metroidvania game. Wish them the best, but haven't been impressed since Pink Bullets.
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:18 am
quote : #13
I think this game is coming along nicely. I think they are finally nailing pacing, enemy variety, and enemy placement. It would be nice to see the scrolling stop in areas, like for a sub-boss. Maybe they have already taken care of this though.

I really wish they would animate the huge sun on the Horizon with a heat wash effect.

Huge thumbs down on voice acting at the start of the trailer. Needs a lot of work to sound more professional.
Posted:
Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:22 am
quote : #14
Type: PAL
I agree about the voice acting, a bit monotimus. The artwork though is great, very stylish and vivid, I wonder if this is the game intro and if they are moving away from pre-rendered? The gameplay footage looks promising and I'm digging the retro look and feel of this game. The soundtracks always seemed polished with their releases, and Gunlord seems to so far follow that mold.

Looking forward to this one Very Happy

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:06 am
quote : #15
I for one am glad we don't get a shmup for a change (and thats coming from a shmupfreak Mr. Green )

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!