Page 1 of 1
fattony
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:40 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I need to format my VMU but I only have one VMU so is there any way to send all the files on it over the Internet for storage?

Dreamcast ™
rank 39
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:18 pm
quote : #2
If you still have a BBA, Dream Explorer's VMU Tool might be able to help (at least, I think it does what you're looking for).

fattony
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:15 pm
quote : #3
BBA or coders cable is says. Whats a coders cable? I imagine its cheaper then a BBA. I could of sworn there was a bookmark built into some DC web browser of a website used for that

Dreamcast ™
rank 39
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:03 pm
quote : #4
A coder's cable makes use of the Dreamcast's serial port and is slower than the BBA. It's cheaper than the BBA, but it's a lot harder to find. You can make one yourself if you have a DB-9 connector, some wire and a MAX3222 available.

fattony
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:31 pm
quote : #5
I have on idea what any of those parts are its probably better to buy a cheap vmu for backup anyone know where they have them dirt cheap

Dreamcast ™
rank 39
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:35 pm
quote : #6
Why can't you use your BBA to save / load your saves? Ebay is your best bet for buying them if you can't find them locally.

Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:58 am
quote : #7
get an sd card reader from ebay and save all your vmu files with dreamshell. I keep all my saves backed up that way.
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:33 pm
quote : #8
I`ll probably just end up going to my local swap meet they always have them lying around for a few bucks.

And one other thing Dont buy an SD card reader on Ebay there 3 times what they really cost from Chinese websites

Agent2112
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:16 am
quote : #9
Type: NTCS-U/C
I can't figure out how to use my BBA to connect with my PC. I can go online fine, but the computer and Dreamcast can't find each other. Any ideas?

rjay63
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:03 am
quote : #10
Type: PAL
I still use my 33k modem and copy of Planetweb 3.0 to back up my files; thankfully there are still one/two ISP's in the UK that allow you to do this. As a result, I can simply mail the file to myself as an attachment using my GMX email account and the SMTP from the ISP.

Also unlike Dreamkey 1-3, Planetweb 3.0 doesn't encrypt saves so I can then upload them online or burn to CD. I remember reading that Planetweb 2.6 also encrypts but I've never tried it so maybe someone else can verify?
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:22 pm
quote : #11
Awesome!! I found my spare VMUs!! They were in a cooler in my garage Smile

Emailing them is a great idea I`m gonna try that

Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:37 am
quote : #12
I paid about $44 shipped for two of them. Surely that's not three times as much. Beats the hell out of using a bidding agent. It's the same seller anyway.
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:31 pm
quote : #13
Nope its not its twice as much exactly

Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:32 am
quote : #14
I don't think up to $20 shipped is too much to ask for these considering shipping is faster and doesn't require dealing with a bidding agent for some shady Chinese website. It's impressive that he's able to sell them so cheaply. Certainly shows in quality though.