segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:10 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi Guys,

Been testing out my PC-DC server of late (sadly not having not played that often recently) and for some reason I cannot seem to access anything to do with Gamespy through it anymore. When I try to use 4x4 evo I can get to the master server ok and play a game, but cannot login to gamespy, it just says:

"Could not connect to the search manager"

I am also having similar problems with Starlancer, which will not get past the "connecting to gamespy" screen, just times out saying it could not connect.

Now, this has all worked ok for me in the past and I had not adjusted any of the settings...so I wondered if there were gamespy issues so I connected using a normal ISP and it was all working fine...so I decided to go over all my port forwardings (winroute & router) and settings just to be sure but found no issues at all....I then decided to add all ports to winroute instead of the selection I had and this made no difference either. I then decided to do a direct modem connection so rule out the router...which it did as I still had the same problem.

I have even tried setting up an entirely different PC-DC server to see if that would make a difference...but nope Sad

I am starting to wonder if my ISP has started blocking something or if Gamespy themselves have made any changes to cause this...anybody else having problems or able to make any suggestions? Any input is appreciated

Cheers

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:19 pm
quote : #2
Strangely, I've had the exact opposite happen to me. For the longest time, no matter what I did I could never connect to gamespy. About two months ago, I tried to connect without doing anything I haven't done before, and it worked. I was stunned.

If you haven't tried it yet, try running your own DNS server (with the correct domain name to IP info of course) on the PC hosting the PC-DC server or elsewhere on the network. Use the network IP for the Dreamcast's DNS setting. Don't set it to the server IP of 192.168.55.1 or whatever it is.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:32 am
quote : #3
SEGA RPG FAN wrote:
Strangely, I've had the exact opposite happen to me. For the longest time, no matter what I did I could never connect to gamespy. About two months ago, I tried to connect without doing anything I haven't done before, and it worked. I was stunned.

If you haven't tried it yet, try running your own DNS server (with the correct domain name to IP info of course) on the PC hosting the PC-DC server or elsewhere on the network. Use the network IP for the Dreamcast's DNS setting. Don't set it to the server IP of 192.168.55.1 or whatever it is.

Thanks for the reply Smile

That is odd that you are now able to connect ok and I am not...fancy swapping back Smile

I haven't tried running a DNS server as of yet...might give it a try if there are no other suggestions...but I have tried various other DNS addresses for the PC-DC server including some open DNS addresses but this has failed to change anything, so I have my doubts...but may be worth a go if all else fails..and so far it has Sad

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

erb365
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:21 pm
quote : #4
hey let me know if you have the similer problem http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9466

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:25 am
quote : #5
erb365 wrote:
hey let me know if you have the similer problem http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9466

Hey,

Yeah, I had a look at your thread before I started this one....seems we have a similar problem but different in that you seem to be having even worse problems than me. For instance, I have no problem with Maximum Pool at all....works perfectly and my only issue with 4x4 evo is that I cannot connect to gamespy, whilst I have little trouble conecting to the master server. I do sometimes have issues connecting to themaster and have to try again...but always connect in the end.

Starlancer does seem simialr however, it just hangs there and eventually tells me it could not connect to gamespy...Imust admit it used to hang there in the past but eventually connected, although sometimes it took a couple of attempts to work...now it never connects.

As for PSO and Quake, I have not tried them recently as I don't use the PC-DC server for them as I have a BBA...so cannot comment on those at present.

I have to admit that this is really really REALLY frustrating, especially as I had all this working fine in the past but now, for seemingly no apparent reason, it stops working.....really annoying.

Anyway, thanks for your post...hope you get somewhere with your setup...but something tells me this stuff can be a little random..making me wonder if it does have something to do with ISP's

Cheers

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:53 am
quote : #6
Hey all,

Well, I was looking at my PC-DC server today and I decided to give it another shot, after all it has now been over 3 months so you never know I might have more luck.

Guess what? It now works fine...for those few weeks that I was messing about with it I had no luck at all, but now all is fine again....So I guess thats the problem solved, but the question is what caused it in the first place? This mystery may never be solved?

Cheers

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

erb365
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:57 pm
quote : #7
Lol its funny beacause i had the same problem but now maxpool works fine! altho i can say that im still having the same problem with starlancer and 4x4

but 4x4 is down right now i think.