Page 1 of 1
nerdyguy64
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:41 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
Im trying to get a DC to PC server up and running... i have windows 98se and im gonna install that for this... i also have a USB modem that im going to use, and its voice too. But im installing win 98se along side windows 7, and when i tried to put in the win 98se cd to install i went through all the standard, to you agree to this stuff, but it never gave me an option to select the drive to install win 98se to, i imagine because its old and didnt think people back then would have to choose, so im wondering weather its possible to install win 98se along side win 7. I reason for this instead of virtual pc is that ive heard people have had problems with it and i have USB modem so it makes it tricker, and its less messy just dual booting it.... but my question is, can i install win 98se along side win 7... do i have to do an fdisk or something?

-dan

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:00 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
You'll have to create a partition if you don't have more than one hard drive. I've used "EASEUS" partition master and had success. It's free, and pretty straightforward.

Check this out: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Install-more-than-one-operating-system-multiboot

You may run into problems as it says you have to install the older operating system first. If you don't mind scrapping your current windows 7 install that's fine, but if not, virtual PC is probably going to be a better option.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven