Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
SpeedDemon.Z
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:49 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Personally, I have Planet Web 3.0 and I find that the web browser performs pretty well.
Now, recently I have been hearing that the XDP Web Browser performs really well, so which web browser is better? Confused

Last edited by SpeedDemon.Z on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:40 pm
quote : #2
I know that Planetweb 3.0 is the only Planetweb that supports both mouse and keyboard. Not sure if XDP does. I've heard that XDP is a great amount slower too. Not too sure on that though, so it'd be great if someone would clarify.

Of course, you probably know that Planetweb is the official browser. Just making sure.
Posted:
Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:48 am
quote : #3
XDP has a modded version of broadband passport that works pretty well, but no PW 3.0

Also, since it's on a cdr, you'll probably find some of the native browser loading to be slow.
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:57 pm
quote : #4
Alec1382 wrote:
I know that Planetweb 3.0 is the only Planetweb that supports both mouse and keyboard. Not sure if XDP does. I've heard that XDP is a great amount slower too. Not too sure on that though, so it'd be great if someone would clarify.

Of course, you probably know that Planetweb is the official browser. Just making sure.
XDP has planet web 2.6 built into it. i am not 100% sure about this, but XDP should indeed support the mouse. all of the pwebs should. i know for sure that all of them support the keyboard. hell XDP even supports the lightgun as a pointing device. so in a nutshell i don't understand why you could use a lightgun as a mouse on XDP and not be able to use a mouse as a mouse lol.

with that said i like planetweb 3.0 the best. it just seems to run smother to me. it will also be the most up to date, even though that isn't saying much as all of them are outdated now.
Posted:
Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:27 pm
quote : #5
gary_b wrote:
i am not 100% sure about this, but XDP should indeed support the mouse. all of the pwebs should.

I never denied that XDP supported the mouse. Anyway, DCIsozone claims that 3.0 is the first Planetweb with mouse support. I don't have any other sources though.
Posted:
Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:22 am
quote : #6
the truth is i do not know if XDP supports the mouse. here is what i do know for sure. pweb 1.0 and 2.0 do not support the mouse, they both do support the KB though. i also know that the last version of XDP supports using a light gun as a pointing device. i have personally tried it and it works, but kind of crappy. i wish i could find one of my copies of XDP so that i can test it out. i really don't wanna download it again just for this Mad
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:34 pm
quote : #7
Type: PAL
Considering XDP main browser s a modified dreampassport, and the latter did have mouse support I'd say it does...
I don't have a dc mouse to test it though...