Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
Previous  1, 2
YO-Q
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:49 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
lol nice kick notice! sup yall been a while but I havn't forgotten about this place. getting the itch again to make a set up to get online and play this game. hopefully soon.. just wondering though, is there someone online at all times? or you have to organize a meet up? thanks
Posted:
Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:59 am
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
YO-Q wrote:
lol nice kick notice! sup yall been a while but I havn't forgotten about this place. getting the itch again to make a set up to get online and play this game. hopefully soon.. just wondering though, is there someone online at all times? or you have to organize a meet up? thanks

you'll need to organize just like any of these games.
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:38 pm
quote : #18
I have a potentially stupid question.

This won't keep out those who are emulating will it? Or does the emulator even emulate the modem or bba?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:35 pm
quote : #19
That is a perfectly valid question.

I think it would be near impossible to keep out people emulating Quake 3. That is, if they even have the capability to connect. Are network drives available in DC emulators that would allow this to happen?
Posted:
Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:51 am
quote : #20
I have great news. I cought up with Fireblade on IM, and he took a quick gander at the code, and managed to apply a fix.

The OC Dreamcast Q3 servers will say: "Please use a SEGA Dreamcast." if a PC user tries to connect.

Note that we are going through some server hardware transitions at the moment, so as soon as I get the machine backup and running at the new datacenter I will ping you guys for testing out this new mod. Thank you for everyone's patience, and much thanks to FireBlade for putting the time and effort into developing this mod!!
Posted:
Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:10 pm
quote : #21
Nice! Never was an issue for me because I'd not have any trouble beating a PC player while I am using Dreamcast Razz But, cool none the less!